HOTEL HERB GARDEN


  Garden to Table Dining


I was on vacation last week and wasn't able to post anything to my blog even though I tried many times.  For some reason the Internet or my computer just would let me add pictures or create a post.  So, I am home now and wanted to share this little garden that I found at the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort and Spa, where I was staying.  The garden was set behind the beach restaurant, right next to the pool.  This poolside restaurant overlooked the ocean and was simply beautiful!! The hotel uses the herbs to create yummy and innovative cuisine.  It seems to be part of this whole "garden to table" movement, which I think is great!  And, the food was really, really good.  I had the best grilled salmon sandwich I've even had there!





Lemon Grass




Peppers


Chives




Rosemary



Mint


I took a picture of the whole garden but was unable to download it properly.  The garden itself wasn't the prettiest herb garden I have ever seen but, the simplicity of it showed me what a little space can actually do.  This restaurant used these herbs everyday in their recipes.  This is spurring me on to make my herb garden, which has been a window box garden on my deck in the past, into a more substantial space.  I want to start to learn how to use herbs more in my cooking, as well.  I hope this inspires you to add an herb garden to your garden area also!  As they say, "Bon Appetit!

Since I couldn't download a picture of the total herb garden, I thought you might like to see the view from the restaurant.  My photo really doesn't do it justice but, you get the idea!

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment