Tomato, Mozzarella, Basil Salad


I really wanted to use my own homegrown basil somehow, just to say I did.  I find it intriguing to use herbs from the garden in recipes but, I do not have a great deal of knowledge when it comes to knowing what herb works well in which recipe.  However, it was a hot night and I knew my husband loved the mozzarella cheese, tomato, basil combination so, I decided to create a salad from a variation of an appetizer recipe I recently discovered.


Here are the ingredients.
My own basil!

 
Tomatoes from the grocery store but, locally grown I believe.

Olivia's Organics Spring Mix

 
Dragone Mozzarella Cheese

Now for the construction.
First I placed a handful of spring mix on each plate.  There were only two of us so, only two plates!
(I had a ton of salad mix leftover so, hopefully you have more people to feed than I did.)


 Next I placed two slices of mozzarella cheese on top of the lettuce.  The slices were a little thicker than a 1/4".




Oh, I guess I forgot to take a picture of the tomato step.  However, you can see I placed a whole slice of the tomato on top of the mozzarella.  On top of that I added three basil leaves.
For the finished product, I drizzled a balsamic vinegar glaze over the whole salad.  This is Monari Federzoni Glaze which I purchased from Shaw's Market.  It is delicious!
 
As a matter of fact, the whole salad was yummy.  It was the perfect fresh side dish for our dinner.  The rest of the dinner was meat and potatoes, if I must give full disclosure!
 
 
Tomato Mozzarella Basil Dinner Salad
 
5 oz. Spring Salad Mix
 
16 oz. Mozzarella Cheese
 
2 Medium Tomatoes
 
12 Basil Leaves
 
Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
 
Follow the above instructions.
 
 
These ingredients should easily serve 4 people.
 
 


Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...