A Wine Inspired Bridal Shower

I was given this pedistal container and told it was to be used in the entry hall of the venue, which happened to be an old church converted into a "Center for the Arts" building. It is a lovely place to hold an event.
 


I was asked by very special people in my life to create a few floral arrangements for a wine-themed bridal shower.  With some guidance and ideas from my "clients" and a vision of my own, I set out to design the following arrangements.

 The Mother-of-the Bride and bridesmaids gave great attention to every detail.  I thought the chalkboard and photo of the engaged couple was a grand way to greet their guests.
This arrangement adorned the table for the bride and her bridesmaids.  It was created with a green and purply-blue hydrangea, wine colored roses and carnations, champagne spray roses, viburnum berries, seeded eucalyptus and kangaroo paw.

This mason jar arrangement was placed on the buffet table.

 The cake was simply lovely, another attention to detail made by the wedding party.  The little flower arrangements added another colorful touch.
 Another mason jar arrangement was tucked in the corner of the beverage table. 


 These were the mini arrangements I was able to make from left- over flowers.  I had to go out in my yard to find some extra greenery to fill in the empty spaces.  I cut branches from some of my Japanese Maple trees thinking that the color of the leaves matched well with the wine-color theme.
 Arrangements getting ready to be transported to the venue

I wasn't sure how these little arrangements were going to be used.  At first, I thought they needed fourteen centerpieces for the guests tables and I knew I would not have enough left-over flowers to fill that need.  I was able to only make eight arrangements.  As it turned out, the "girls" had other ideas for the center of the guest tables and the arrangements I made were used around the room and at the food and beverage tables.  Everything worked out very well, as things often do!  What a joy it was to be part of such a lovely celebration.

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment