Valentine Sampler Print

As I  continue my Valentine Sampler, I wanted to share a photo of this handmade print with you.  It was created by my daughter while attending college and majoring in Art and Early Education.  I have always loved the prints she gave me at that time and this one reminded me of star-crossed lovers.  You know, like Romeo and Juliet.  I just thought this print was so beautiful and so embodies the feeling of love that I had to include it in my Valentine Sampler montage.



Since I was reminded of Romeo and Juliet, I thought a Shakespearean quote would be appropriate.  I looked for a quote from the play but could not find one I liked.  I ended up finding this passage from Hamlet.  I hope you enjoy it.  It seemed to be optimistic and joyful, which appealed to me more than tragic love...of course!

Here goes...

"Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love."
                                                William Shakespeare-Hamlet



I hope you don't mind my departure from floral design and entertaining.  [I did include dried hydrangeas from my garden in the first photo, however:)]   I think a little love and pride for my daughter comes through in all of this too~~


Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment