Happy Easter Basket Bouquet

Happy Good Friday, Everyone.

Since coming home from my vacation, I have been playing catch-up when it comes to Easter.  Thankfully, my daughter, Amanda, is hosting Easter dinner this year which means I don't have to get my home all decked out with decorations.  However, that doesn't mean I don't want to have some Easter decorations around the house.  I set out yesterday to create something that said, "Happy Easter" to add to my home décor.

Low and behold, I found this bag at Michael's and wondered what I could do with it.  The bag already had the message I wanted to convey written all over it!  I decided it would make a great container for a floral arrangement.  I always like fresh flowers the best anyway.  I originally had considered making an Easter wreath for the front door but, having snow all over the place still has left me less motivated to decorate the outside of my house!


It just so happened that I had this pitcher that fit perfectly inside my special bag.


See!
I found some flowers at trusty Trader Joe's and I was ready to go!  I chose the yellow roses because I thought they would look really cool next to the pink of the "Happy Easter" bag.  I thought they were such a good buy for $5 a bunch.  As it turned out, when I got home I realized the yellow roses were not as fresh as I thought they were and I don't expect them to last very long.  Lesson learned...you get what you pay for.

Of course, don't forget to add the flower food to the water in your container!
I started my arranging with the pretty yellow roses.  I wanted them to cascade over the edge of the bag, which I was trying to do.  Unfortunately, at this point, I forgot to continue photographing my progress.  So...
~We will just have to see how it turned out~

I like using clusters of flowers.  I wanted the bouquet to look like I had come from the market and was bringing them home to arrange as a centerpiece for my dining table.

I love these bright colors of Easter!




Don't you just love the blue color of the hydrangeas?  They never disappoint.

So there it is, the finished product!  Do you get my idea of a shopping bag filled with flowers?  That was what I had in mind. 
 
My greatest hope is that you have a very Happy Easter.  Have a wonderful holiday with friends and family!!

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment