My Trip to Arizona

Hi,
Have you wondered where I have been?  Well, I have been away on a business/pleasure trip to Arizona! This was my first visit to the amazing state of Arizona and I was certainly not disappointed!  The trip started with going to Scottsdale for a business conference my husband was attending.  We stayed at the lovely Westin Kierland Resort & Spa and since I have a terrible time with time zone changes and jet lag, it was the perfect spot for me to start my vacation.  While Tom was "working" I was taking morning walks around the hotel and lounging by the pool during the day.  It was great!

Here is the beautiful Westin Kierland Resort & Spa.


As you can see, it is a wonderful place to stay for a vacation.  Our room was terrific with a kitchen/living room combination and separate bedroom.  It was very comfortable.  The grounds were exquisite and gave me a great place to take my morning walks before heading to the pool for the day.

The pool was one of the nicest I have experienced with lots of lounge chairs and plenty of shaded areas, which is what I need if I am going to stay by the pool all day!  All the servers could not have been nicer and I loved watching all the kids playing around the pool.  I opted for the family pool instead of the adult pool.  It was too quiet over there!  Nice to have the option, though.  AND, I loved the turkey croissant sandwich.  It was delicious!



 I even found myself on the "lazy river" a few times.  The temperature was in the 90's the whole time I was at the resort so, the river was a great place to cool off.




Aside from just lounging around the pool, I did notice the different landscaping around the hotel.  It's funny coming from New England and seeing these funny looking cactus growing all over the place.  I wish I had taken more pictures around the hotel but I was too busy having fun, I guess!  Arizona had definitely started their Spring season.  I meant to take pictures of the beautiful displays of geraniums around the hotel.  The geraniums were red and fuchsia.  Beautiful!
I took more photos of the flowers and plantings in Sedona, which was the next stop on our trip.  Everyone I spoke to about my trip to Arizona stressed that I HAD to go to Sedona.  So, when my husband's conference was over we headed up to Sedona.  My friends were not wrong.  Sedona is an amazing place.  I will share those experiences later in the week.  But, for now, I need to unpack!

For the record, I still have PLENTY of snow in my yard!  I wasn't gone long enough for it to melt!

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment