Seaside Inspired Tablescape


Hi there!  I am returning from vacation and trying to get back into the swing of things!




I was on vacation on Cape Cod over the week of the 4th of July. The cell service on Cape Cod seems to be especially bad this summer so, I felt as though I was kind of "off the grid" for a week.  In many ways, it is somewhat refreshing.  It kind of brings you back to a more simple time in life with no interruptions and distractions.  In other ways, it is very frustrating, not being able to read your emails or send them out.  All of this is to say, I didn't do much in the way of work or blogging.  Instead, I went to the beach, biked and visited with family.  Can you blame me?

But, I am home now and it is back to business.


On one of the cloudy days during our vacation, my husband and I decided to take a ride to Falmouth, which is about an hour from our place, maybe more than an hour with the cloudy day tourist traffic.  It was worth the ride, however.  The downtown area of Falmouth is filled with little gift shops and restaurants.  (There is a French bakery in town that gets rave reviews (from some of my friends who have been there) but, we had just eaten lunch and didn't partake.  Perhaps, next time.).  In one of the cute little gift shops I found these wooden Massachusetts shaped napkins rings. [Sorry my poor state of Massachusetts is positioned backwards in this photo :).]   I just couldn't resist them, especially for the Cape Cod quotient, and couldn't wait to use them in a tablescape.

I had hoped during my vacation to go to the beach and create a tablescape there.  You know with the beach and the ocean....the real seaside inspiration.  But, we were on vacation and I really didn't have my stash of supplies and resources to do it.  So......









I would have to wait until I got home to my house in the woods. Not exactly the seaside, sand-filled scenery I had hoped for but, in a pinch, what is a girl to do?
(Notice the photo above:  I did manage to place Massachusetts the rights way!)



So, I am home from vacation, my husband is away on a business trip, you would think I would have plenty of time to create my seaside inspired vignette.  No, my daughter decided we HAD to go to the Brimfield Fair!  We had never been before and since she is on her teacher summer break, it seemed like the perfect time to go...except for the 90 degree weather. That is a story for another day.

However, we did get home in time to stop by Whole Foods and pick up some flowers.  She wanted to play with flowers and I am always up for that.  All of a sudden with the inspiration of blue and yellow flowers I was back to thinking tablescape!
With the flowers from Whole Food she/we created this tri-vase centerpiece.

As you can see, the background doesn't exactly scream "beach" but,  I am hoping you will allow me some poetic license with this tablescape.  The table elements are there.  Unfortunately, the sand and sea are missing.
While on Cape Cod, I had collected some store-bought seashells and starfish.  I knew they would come in handy...somewhere.

You can't go wrong with seashells and sea creatures when trying to create something shore inspired!
And, on the flower front, aren't these the cutest green puff balls?!!  They are actually green dianthus.

Back to my Cape Cod shaped napkins rings.  I just think they are so cool!  I haven't seen them anywhere else.  I did find out from the store clerk that they were actually made in Alabama.  Funny!  The store also had whale and lobster shaped napkin rings.  They were cute but, my heart was set on the Cape Cod (Massachusetts) ones.
I liked the use of the bear grass in the arrangement, as well.  I thought it added to the beachy feel.
More seashells and starfish.



The striped placemats reminded me of a beach blanket and seemed to go along with the seaside theme...the whole inspiration for my design.  Not to mention my napkin rings!

Well, I hope you haven't minded my seaside indulgence especially since it is set in the middle of the woods!  The summer is long from being over.  Maybe I will have the opportunity to deliver some authentic seaside inspiration on my next trip to Cape Cod!

Until then...Enjoy Your Summer!

Joining the Party at:
Silver Pennies Sundays
Sundays at Home
The Scoop
Inspiration Monday

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...