Enjoying the Last Few Days of Warm Weather on the Back Deck

Hey, there!  Well, the leaves are starting to fall and I know that the time of enjoying meals and snacks on the back deck may be coming to a close.  I say this as the weather man is predicting temps close to 80 degrees today so, who knows?  However, while it is still possible I think we should enjoy these last warm moments in the sun and share a few snacks on the back deck.  It is especially nice when surrounded by beautiful fall colors.


I have so much fun this time of year putting flower arrangements together using fall flowers.  
I love the oranges, yellows and rusts.  Blue delphinium was a late addition to this arrangement.
I think it makes the whole thing pop!


I love how every season brings its own share of colors.  The changing of seasons is one of
the reasons
I love living in New England as much as I do.

Just when you start to take one season for granted another shows up in all of its glory!  Fall is an 
especially lovely season with so many warm colors to enjoy.


I kind of like how things look a bit messy in the fall, too.  Leaves are continually falling making it impossible to keep the deck clean.  That doesn't bother me, though.  This creates its own kind of pretty.


I changed over from buying green grapes to red and black ones years ago.  I love the taste of them.  They are so sweet!  Luckily for me, these grapes go perfectly with a harvest color palette.

I can't seem to get enough of these amazing sunflowers either.  You can't help but buy them over and over again in the fall. They have such sunny dispositions!

Cheese, crackers and a little fruit offer a nice afternoon snack~


There is a water fountain in the background of this picture.  The thing is somewhat of a maintenance hog and I rarely run water through it --only when I have company over :).  Filling it with pumpkins and fall plants gave it a whole new purpose. I like it!


I just had to show one of the handles of my brand new wooden tray.  Don't you love it?!  I am certain I will be using my new tray all over the place this fall!  So, keep an eye out for it :).

I have had a blast with the many fall plants I have purchased this year.  You would not believe how many people have commented on this millet plant.  It simply exudes fall.

Now that I look at the tablescape I realize that I forgot the beverages.  How did I do that?!

 Hmmmmm...

Thankfully, the kitchen is only steps away!  I can take care of that situation.


~Hope you enjoy your outdoor spaces before the cool weather sets in~

Joining in with these Link Parties:




Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment