Valentine Suggestions and Vignettes!

Happy Valentine's Day, Everybody!  I am just dropping by to share a few Valentine vignettes one more time and, perhaps, share a few ideas for celebrating the holiday if you are totally stumped for what to do.




Last year on Valentine's Day, I spent the day delivering presents in person to my children and their families.  This meant a full day of travel but, it was fun, none-the-less.  I usually make up little bags of candies and goodies and maybe buy a stuffed animal or two.  The journey took all day but, I had a great time of dropping off my gifts. This year, some of my kids are coming by to visit me for the day or part of the day.  We'll share some lunch and spent some time talking and I will be able to hold the new grand babies.  What could be better?!


Last year was a busy year on Valentine's Day for me, now that I think of it.  After delivering all my packages, I came home to get ready to go out for dinner.  Tom and I were sharing the holiday with our close (family) friends, Bob and Judy.  We go out to dinner with them pretty much every Friday but, decided to add another day to the mix and celebrate Valentine's Day together.  We were very proud of yourselves for planning ahead and actually having plans!  Something we have not done this year, by the way :/




Of course, it is always lovely to spend Valentine's Day alone with your significant other.  One suggestion might be to have a quiet dinner at home by way of either a home cooked meal (if you are so inclined) or take-out from a local restaurant.  This could work especially well if you haven't planned ahead like me!

  One of my childhood memories is of my mom cooking a special meal for my dad one Valentine's Day.  I remember sneaking a peak into the dining room later in the evening and seeing them dancing together cheek to cheek.  It is one of my favorite early childhood memories of my parents because, unfortunately, things unraveled later in their lives and they ended up getting a divorce.  They did reconcile many years later...but that is a story for another time :).


If your choice is to go to a nice restaurant, you probably have already made those plans...unlike my husband and me.  We are more fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants people.  Sometimes, we luck out and are able to get a late reservation, anyway.  We'll see what happens this year! 

Of course, Valentine's Day can just be for you, as well!  You could treat and pamper yourself for the day. Maybe it's time for a spa day or just a manicure.  If you are lucky enough to have the spare time, why not go for it?!


For other suggestions you could:


  • Meet a friend for lunch or even your husband, etc.



  • Take a walk in the center of town


  • Call your mom or some other loved one

  • Go to the movies

  • Go bowling--don't laugh, it's fun!





Or, you could invite a friend over for lunch. That is always a good thing to do~



All of this is to say, I hope you find something to do on Valentine's Day that makes YOU happy and I hope with all hope that you have someone special to share it with.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Sharing at these Link Parties:
Wow Us Wednesdays ~ Share Your Style
Feathered Nest FridaySundays at Home
Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make


Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment