Gussying Up Barn



Well, hello there!  It has been a while since my last post.  Life has been busy and complicated for me lately but thankfully, I am getting back into the groove.  Here are some of the fun reasons why I have been away for a while :) ~


I went to California to attend the wedding of my niece~

It was a magical time and I was so very happy to be there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tom and I toured the coastline of California~

I'd like to tell you more about that trip at a later time ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am doing the flowers for a wedding in the very near future so, I was off to the flower market as soon as I got home from my trip to place my flower order~


And, of course, you always need to make time for family~

We managed to make it to an apple orchard over the weekend for a little bit of harvest fun with the kiddos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upon returning from California, I realized that overnight fall had officially arrived in New England and I needed to get cracking on my fall decorations.  Since the wedding I am doing is only nine days away, I am not able to do my full-fledged fall decorating but, I wanted to do some.  So, I started with the barn.  It is the place that most people see so, why not start there?

 I started by going to my favorite spot to buy cornstalks.  I love their cornstalks because the corn is still attached and the stalks are very tall.  They are perfect for the barn.




I love poking around the gift shop inside, too!


So, with cornstalks and two pumpkins in place-- this was my starting point:

The barn is extremely rustic, as you can see.


The next day I drove to other favorite spots of mine and picked up a few more pumpkins, etc. to decorate the window boxes of the barn.

 

 I had previously made the swag for the door of the barn but, I needed to "doctor" it up a bit to make it fuller and prettier.  That meant a trip to Michael's to purchase some silk flowers and berries.


 I also hung a wooden fall wall-hanging net to the side of the door.  You know me...I always need to add a little something "extra".

🎃

Next, I set out to fill up the window boxes.  I was going with a natural theme this year.


I gathered some small pumpkins, gourds, various fall root vegetables and a fall grass to mix in.


I liked the wild and wooly look!



Unfortunately, those items did not fill up all of the space so, I went foraging in my yard for other fillers.  The foraging went pretty well and it was kind of fun!  I grabbed some fallen tree branches with leaves attached and I also picked a few hydrangea blossoms off of one of my bushes to fill in the gaps.  I think there are some pinecones and mossy branches mixed in, as well :).


As long as the wind doesn't blow the leaves and the hydrangeas out of the window boxes, I'm good.  I like how the barn looks.


I usually include many more items to decorate the barn with, like Indian corn and hay bales, etc. but, this year these decorations will have to do. I am happy with how it looks.  Maybe having to do some editing is a good thing :).






Next, it will be on to decorating the rest of the house.  I am working little by little inside and out.  I wish to share some of those decorating ideas with you soon!

Until then, I hope you are enjoying this wonderful season!

We were Featured!


Joining these fun link parties:

***I have not been compensated in any way for this post.  These are purely my experiences.


4 comments:

  1. What a great place to decorate. I love it! Makes me wish I had a barn here to decorate. The corn stalks and pumpkins look great, love the job you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Christine. I was bit restrained in my decorating this year so, it’s nice to hear you liked it :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the decor, it looks amazing. Thanks for sharing on To Grandma's House We Go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How kind of you! I love joining Grandma’s House :).

      Delete