My New Flower Cupcake Collection

Hey, there!  Earlier this week I mentioned that I have been working on a new product for my floral design business.  I also said that I wasn't exactly ready to announce the new idea quite yet. Well, although I am not totally ready, many of the photos associated with my new "reveal" are St. Patrick's Day in nature and since St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow, I figured that now was as good a time as any.  I am hoping you will enjoy the reveal in its hurried form nonetheless :).





I came up with the idea for these flower "cupcakes" weeks ago and have gotten such a positive response from my friends and family that I have decided to try to find a way of offering them to people in my town and the neighboring areas.  That is the problem of "revealing" all of this right now.  I haven't figured out the logistics of all of that yet.  So, today I am simply revealing my cute little flower cupcakes to you :).




I started with these pinky-purple cupcakes around Valentine's Day.  I thought they were quite cute.  I hope you do too!  

I owned some cupcake stands and liked how the stands showcased my "cupcakes".



Originally, every time I photographed the cupcakes I used the cupcake stands.


As I started thinking about selling my little creations, I needed to find cupcake stands that I could purchase in bulk and that would showcase the cupcakes as well as the ones I already owned.  I will get to that later~

I played around with other colors for the flower cupcakes...



and thought of different occasions where the cupcakes would be enjoyed.



I envisioned adding embellishments.  This has been an ongoing journey.  I have all sorts of ideas in my head! 


I am thinking these flower cupcakes would be adorable for bridal and baby showers and I have a few ideas of how to embellish those kinds of cupcakes too ;)!




I am thinking about packaging ideas, as well.



I love delivering them in bakery boxes just like real cupcakes!




I ended up coming up with a DIY idea for the cupcake stands.  I think these rustic guys are the neatest things!  My husband and I made them ourselves.


Doesn't this look great as a set?!



Here are some of my St. Patrick's Day designs.  What do you think?




I added some sparkling beads to this cupcake!  Others too, if you look closely.


My husband encouraged me to bring my flower cupcakes around to the businesses in town so, that is exactly what I did!  I met some really nice people along the way.  One place I visited was the newly opened bakery shop of another small business owner who lives here in town.  She had reached out to me a few years ago after seeing a business display I had placed at my local bank where I do my banking.  If you would like to see that story, you can see it here.  Raffaella and I had tea together and talked about the trials and tribulations of trying to start a new business and working out of your home to do so.  We really hadn't kept in close touch but, I was excited to see she had opened a bakery shop in town and I wanted to drop by to say "hi".  I arrived with my flower cupcake in tow and had a very nice visit with her.  I so do wish her the best of luck!  I think she will do well because my husband loved the chocolate chip cookies I bought from her.  If you live near the Groton, Massachusetts area, her shop is called Dolce Amar and it is lovely and delicious!



I am hoping to spread the idea that my "cupcakes" would be nice to give as a "thinking of you" gift to friends and co-workers, as well.  They are just the right size to fit on an office desk.  



As I mentioned before, I also thought they would be very cute used for showers and other sweet gatherings. They work well as decorations and favors, all at the same time.










If you happen to live near me, stay tuned.  I will be offering my cupcake creations for sale soon.  Or at the very least, I will be making them for my friends and family!


Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment