Celebrating Valentine's Day 2020



 Valentine's Day is here already and before the day was over I wanted to wish you all a very Happy Valentine's Day!  I have spent the whole day driving all over the Northshore of Massachusetts delivering valentines to my valentines, my kids and grandbabies.  Nothing over the top, just giving little gifts to let them know I love them on this day of love.

As far as Valentine seasons go, this has been a pretty good one.  About a week ago I attended a Valentine Cookie Decorating Class put on by my daughter, Brittany.  She is the owner/baker of her own decorated cookie company, Bristles and Twine.  You can find her on Instagram and it is worth looking for her.  She has the most amazing and beautifully decorated cookies you can find!

It was a fun night with friends and even though my poor puppy cookie got a little mangled on the ride home, I thought my cookies came out pretty well!


Also this valentine season, I created this non-conventional bouquet for my mom for Valentine's Day.  She doesn't like traditional things but she does like asymmetrical flower arrangements.  I thought this one would fit the bill.  Unfortunately, we had a snowstorm overnight and the morning I was going to make my two-hour trip to her home got delayed.  My husband and I are going to visit her over the weekend.  I am going to have to make another bouquet for her since the flowers will not look their best by then.  At least, I am able to enjoy these flowers in the meantime :).

 This morning I came to the breakfast table and sitting there was a card and a gift from my husband, even though I insisted we only share cards this year.  I had purchased a card but when he didn't say anything about cards this morning, I thought he still needed to buy one for me.  So, I didn't mention it and waited to give my card to him tonight. I felt like such a heal when I saw the gift when I got up to eat breakfast!  He had already left for work. How sweet of him though, huh?! I have since bought him some of his favorite chocolate chip cookies at a shop in town and a box of chocolates for good measure.  Hahaha!


And, do you remember that road trip I took this morning?  Well, I came home with some sweet gifts from my sweet kids, as well.  My daughter-in-law, Jessica, picked up some tulips for me to remind me that spring is coming.  My daughter, Brittany, gave me one of her very big delicious Valentine cookies.


So, I consider myself pretty lucky on Valentine's Day (and everyday, in fact).  And, it's not because of the gifts.  I was able to spend most of the day with members of my family, whom I love beyond measure.  My sincerest hope is that you have people you love around you today and everyday 💖


Happy Valentine's Day!




Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment