Graduation Flower Arrangements for a Special Grad

 I don't know about you guys, but I thought when my children grew up and left the house and it was just my husband and me at home, life would simmer down a bit.  Well, while there certainly have been lonely times when I am by myself at home, for the most part life has just gotten busier and busier.  I am not complaining mind you.  I enjoy the activity.  I welcome it.  However, this hubbub does sometimes get in the way of me interacting with you and for that I am sorry.  

The very good hubbub that has been going on lately has been the graduation of my granddaughter, Julia.  She is the first born of our grandchildren and we are entering a new stage of life, the grandkids growing up and moving on with their lives.  Julia graduated a few weeks ago with honors from high school and we are so very proud of her.  

As part of Julia's graduation, I was asked to do the flowers for her graduation party. 

I am hoping you will allow me to indulge and show you some of the arrangements.

I was asked by my daughter-in-law, Jessica, to make eight flower arrangements for the party, six small ones for the dining tables and two larger ones for the buffet tables.  So, I did what was asked of me, happily.  Here is how they looked right before my husband and I set out to deliver them.

I quickly took a few photos of some of them before heading out to the party.  My son's family lives about 45 minutes away from our home but, with traffic we took an extra 15 minutes, which caused me a great deal of stress 😟.


Julia's school colors are red and white.  Jessica was also incorporating gold into the color scheme, so I needed to factor that in.  


I thought the 2022 sticks I purchased from Amazon and the gold ribbon tied around the vase added just the right amount of gold.




We made it up to the party house just in time to set the arrangements around the poolside where the party was going to take place.  Since it wasn't my party and people were already starting to arrive, I didn't take any photos of the party site.  I am sorry about that because everything looked lovely. My son and Jessica had put a lot of work into the party, and the pool and the cabana were the perfect site for an afternoon celebration.


There were some last-minute changes that needed to be addressed when I arrived, however.  It ended up that there were only four dining tables, not six as I had been told.  No problem.  I put four of the small arrangements in the center of the dining tables and looked for other areas to place the flowers.  I must say, flowers always add so much to a party.  (I know I am biased but, it's true.)

This arrangement ↓ was placed on the gift table.  It greeted the guests on the covered front porch as they made their way to the back yard where the party was taking place.

I lined the banquet table with this arrangement ↓ and the two remaining smaller arrangements.  It worked out perfectly because one bouquet really was not enough, at least in my world anyway.  Hahaha!


I was thrilled to have contributed, if only in a small way, to the celebration of Julia's graduation.  I had a great time at the party once the stress of delivering the flowers, all in one piece, was done :).


FYI -The Flowers I Used:

Red Roses
Red Carnations
Red Gerber Daisies
White Stock
White Mums-Different Varieties
White Speedwell
Leather Leaf
Israeli Ruscus
Andromeda Greenery from my yard



***Please note I have not been compensated for writing this post. 






Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment