St. Patty's Day Green

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Everybody!!  I apologize in advance for the randomness of this post.  I am kind of all over the place with this one. I wanted to create a vignette of sorts for St. Patrick's Day and  found an assortment of floral containers in my house I thought would work well for a nice display.  However, I wasn't exactly sure how to incorporate all of them.  I had a brand new hanging plant holder, an old square emerald green vase, green flowers pots, little green goblets and a cabbage!  What should I do with all of this?!  I wasn't quite sure!

I own a curio-type bookshelf and thought it was a good place to start.  It can hold a lot of "stuff".  Slowly I placed and replaced all these items on the shelves until I began to be happy with how they looked.  As you can see the predominate color was green; all in honor of St. Patrick's Day. The miniature castle shown here isn't overly green but it seemed like something that would sit very naturally on the Irish countryside.  So, I determined it was OK to use.  My friend, Michelle, had given me the shamrock ornament after she had travelled to Ireland with her husband.  I just HAD to use that!  Turns out I liked it so much that I used it everywhere :).



I really wanted to use the hanging plant holder I had received as a birthday present from my daughter-in-law, Jessica. I thought green would stand out nicely next to the crisp white of the planter.

 I think I was right.  The green does look striking against the white of the planter.
 Jessica actually had given the planter to me to place out in my shed .  It will make its way out there as soon as the weather gets warm enough but until then, it looks just as pretty inside.

*********************
Now to the randomness of this post~ While I was collecting "St. Patty's Day Green" items for the above vignette, I had totally forgotten about the cabbage.  I really wanted to use it---somewhere.  After all, what would St. Patty's Day be without cabbage?   Yes, it is usually supposed to be eaten on St. Patrick's Day but, I wanted to use it in an artistic way. At this point, the cabbage was not going to be used in my shelf vignette, so I decided I would try it in a floral arrangement.  I liked that idea. 

The cabbage is in there under the flowers.  You will see it better later since there are more "cabbage" photos to come~~ just randomly placed here and there.  The shamrock ornament will make more appearances, as well :).

*************************

(Now back to "St. Patty's Day Green")

I continued to try to bring in as many green items as possible.  The fern and spider plants added some natural greenery, as well.

I rummaged through my yard to find some moss.  Somehow I thought moss was an Irish thing too.  I'm not sure why :).


******************************


********************************






Here is the shamrock ornament again along with my square emerald green vase.  The color of that vase was just perfect for St. Patty's Day.




***********************************

 This photo of the Cabbage Arrangement ended up on my Instagram.  Mixing flowers and vegetables can be interesting--at least it is to me.  Let's hope the folks on Instagram think so too!

***********************************
Well, there you have it---my version of "St. Patty's Day Green".  I hope you haven't minded the scattering effect of my random thoughts and ideas.  At least, everything was as advertised--predominately green!


Something that is not random at all~~Wishing You a Happy 
St. Patrick's Day!  Hope You Enjoy It!!

Joining the Party at:
Silver Pennies Sundays ~ Feathered Nest Friday ~ Sundays at Home ~ Inspiration Monday
The Scoop ~ Wow Us Wednesdays

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment