Fake Fur Wreath Inspiration

Sorry it has been a while since my last post.  Holidays!  You know how it is!  Thanksgiving immediately became the Christmas season and now it's time to bring out the Christmas decorations.  In fact, today I started decorating the inside of my house.  (I spent previous days decorating the outside.  Busy, busy!)  The inside of my house is in that terribly messy stage right now.  The one where you have boxes of decorations piled up and it makes you feel like your house is never going to look pretty again!  So, for that reason, I am unable to show any photos of finished rooms yet but, I did want to share these interesting wreaths that I found at Homegoods a few weeks ago and how they have inspired me.



I thought these fur wreaths were so cool.  I just had to have them. So, I purchased two!  They turned out to be the inspiration for my entry hall this year.


Next I went searching for ribbon.  I found this burgundy ribbon at Cataldo's in Littleton but there were only 1 1/2 yards left of it.  Therefore, I decided to tie it sling style.  Still feeling like the wreaths needed something else I found some rhinestone pins in my jewelry box and voila!


Loving this look, I was spurred on to design my entry hall around the fur wreaths.  I decided to go with a hunting lodge theme.
 




I found feathers at Michael's and added some to this swag I had made a few years ago.  I was getting on a roll!
 
And, then I remembered these antlers.  They were a treasured possession of my husband's.  His dad had given them to him years and years ago.  I found them in a dusty corner of the basement where I had hidden them a long time ago.  They used to gross me out but, I figured they were decades old and I might as well use them since antlers are now in and they would go perfectly with my new theme.  I hope to share the finished room with you but until then, Happy Decorating!
 
 

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment