Versatile Bunny Banner

A while ago I created this bunny banner and offered it for sale through my Etsy shop.  To my surprise, Easter came and went and no one had purchased my cute bunny banner.  I was about ready to remove it from the shop when, all of a sudden, I discovered it had sold.  Come to find out, a kindergarten teacher had bought it for her classroom. She thought it would be cute hanging in the "animal" section of her room.

This all made me think, "What a neat idea!".  I also wondered if this sale had opened my eyes to another way to market my banners.  Maybe I could make more animal banners that could be used in other ways and places; ones that I had not thought of.  At that time, I fully intended to create more original, one-of-a-kind banners for my "shop"...

BUT, other commitments and distractions came along.  You know like~ regular life, my business, this blog...and, as it turned out, I never got around to it......until now.  With Easter approaching again, I figured why not try to make another bunny banner?  I've always loved bunnies, anyway.

So, here is how the process went~

I started by making this stencil.  I was kind of proud because I made it myself with plastic-coated cardboard and a pair of scissors.  When I was done, I thought the stencil was adorable and would work well for the banner I had in mind.



I had already purchased this pre-made burlap banner from Michael's.  My other bunny banner had been totally hand-made in white burlap by me but, I liked the look of this banner.  It had stitching around the edges to lessen the fraying and, also, I had a coupon!  It seemed like a no-brainer.


Here are some of the supplies I used for this project:  A bunny stencil, acrylic paint, masking tape, foam brush and some plastic-coated paper plates to use as paint "dabbers".


Here the bunnies are stenciled in white paint.
 Here the pink pom-pom tails are glued onto the bunnies :)
When I was done stenciling the bunnies, I strung them onto a pink ribbon.  I took a look at the banner and realized I needed a way to add  the word BUNNIES to the banner.  I went back to Michael's and, low and behold, I found these pennant-shaped tags.  I had found them in the clearance section of the store so, this banner is going to be a "one-of-a-kind" (OOAK) item! I don't think I'll be able to find the exact same muslin tags again, unfortunately.
 I, then, stenciled B-U-N-N-I-E-S with brown paint on the tags and voila!  A bunny banner!


Oh, I almost forgot to tell you how this banner can be versatile.  It can be separated into individual panels and used...

As chair decorations,



or, perhaps, in your Easter tablescape.








To conclude, anyway you cut it, this bunny banner is so, so cute!  I am thinking, at this point...




The banner may never make it to my Etsy shop!  I might just keep it for myself :).

Linking With:

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment