A Bathroom Reveal and a Touch of Christmas

Hi, there!  So glad you stopped by.  I hope you enjoyed the wonderfully long Thanksgiving weekend.  I took a few days off from regular life and travelled to Lake Placid, New York for a special time with my family.  It was the best of all times having everyone together and I am thankful to my children for making it such a memorable time.





Now that I am home, I am pretty excited to finally be able to share with you my new updated guest bathroom.  This project was way overdue, as you can see from the photo below.  My home is a 1970's contemporary house and this bathroom was the last of three to be renovated.  It really needed it!  I have been battling that blue toilet and blue tiles for much too long!  


This was the very beginning stage of remodeling.  The blue tiles were finally gone!  Yay!  I was so sick of that color that I went in a totally different direction with the renovation.


I decided to go white, white.  I hope I didn't make a mistake but, I figure I can add color as needed but for now, I needed the calm of white.  Here is the view as you enter the bathroom.  I kept the linen closet door stained dark to give contrast to all of the white and to compliment the wood ceiling.

 

As you turn the corner into the bathroom you see many of the new features.  We purchased a new vanity and incorporated two sinks in it this time around.  After watching HGTV, we realized we HAD to have two sinks somewhere in the house.  I think it was a good choice.


We added new lighting.  I wanted an elegant, sleek look and discovered this crystal lighting unit online.  It was a risk but, I absolutely love the look!  I feel it is very unique and I like having a few features that not everyone else has.


The counter top is quartz and although I am now overusing this word, I love, love, love this counter top!  I thought for sure I would want granite but, once I was shown this remnant slab at my local counter top dealer I was hooked.  My husband was skeptical but, I persisted and am so glad I did.  It's beautiful!


It's amazing all the little details you never think about before doing a renovation but, even choosing the hardware for the vanity takes time and thought.  In the end, I chose hardware from Restoration Hardware.  I was very happy with the quality.  The knobs and pulls were very substantial in weight and I liked that.



We, of course, replaced the toilet.  Wahoo!  That thing could not have gotten out of there fast 
enough :).

On a side note:  I am deciding about getting a glass shower door.  I know it would be the prettiest addition but, they are very expensive and, besides that, I wasn't sure how difficult cleaning the shower would be as I would have to wrangle myself around the door to clean the inside of the tub.  The verdict is still out on that decision.  For now, a shower curtain will have to do.


Because the bathroom is brand new to us, I decided to start here with a few Christmas touches. I know it's a funny place to start my Christmas decorating but even the bathroom needs a bit of festive flair this time 
of year :).


Anyway, back to the bathroom.  Another part of the bathroom where I love the results was in the shower.  We found this mixture of marble tiles with varying textures at Home Depot and then contacted a local tile contractor from town named, Rich, of M & M Tile Installation and Repair to do the job.  He did fantastic work!  Such a good job!  He treated the tub like it was a work of art and I think it kind of is. 


Rich created this niche for the soap dish and other toiletries.
Rich also put in the tiles for the floor.  Another great job by Rich~

Other features of the bathroom were these sink faucets...
Fancy shower heads :) ...
And herringbone patterned back splash at the sink.

I almost forgot to mention the ship lap.  Originally my husband started to install authentic ship lap; the kind with the bow in the wood.  He installed it on two walls before we realized that we really did not like the look.  It was too rustic and rough for the look of our contemporary house.  However, we did want to cover up where the blue tile had been on the wall and we did like the look of wood.  So, my husband created a faux sort of ship lap out of another wood product. {He should have his own blog so he could show you just how he did it but, I really do not see that happening :).} It was tedious work but, I think he did a great job and it looks terrific!


I am just beginning the decorating of my home for Christmas.  I know, I know.  It is very late for a blogger.  I planned on having it all done by now but, life--good life (a baby shower, Thanksgiving and a family trip)--got in the way so, I am not going to panic.  It will get done...eventually.


I've been playing around with the idea of this wreath hanging on the side mirror.  I don't know.  I'm not sure if I like it or not.  What do you think?  While I am thinking about it, I suppose it can stay.  Maybe it will grow on me :).

Thank you for letting me share my bathroom reveal with you.  It has been a long time coming but, I am very pleased with the result.  As many of you know who have done renovations yourselves, every decision is a big one and you worry that you have made the right choice.  For me, I needed calmness in this bathroom after all the years of trying to make almost 50 year-old blue tile work.  What a relief the new soft tones are.


Now it's off to the basement to find the rest of my Christmas decorations.  As I said, it will get done!  I hope to share some of those decorations with you soon~

Until then, thanks for dropping by for a visit.


**This is not an affiliated post.  Any mention of products or services are merely from my own experiences and, in the end, are my own opinions of these products and services.


Sharing at these fun link parties:
Silver Pennies SundaysSundays at HomeThe ScoopInspiration Monday

9 comments:

  1. Your bathroom is so lovely. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Debra. It is fun having a “new” bathroom :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bathroom is fabulous! I love the bling. The Countertop is beautiful. What beautiful choices you made. Enjoy and happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Linda! Happy Holidays to you, as well :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all of those finishes. The quartz is beautiful! And the tile is great. Thanks for sharing at our link party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Stephanie :). Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bathroom looks wonderful and so festive too. Thank you for sharing at Snickerdoodle and I am featuring you at the party today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you so much, Sharon! Thank you for hosting!!

      Delete