Some of My Favorite Photos from 2017

Welcome!  As January is inching along, I am currently doing some house cleaning: literally and figuratively.  In this process, I have been going over the hundreds of photos I took in 2017.  As a blogger and participant in social media, I seem to take zillions of photos but, only a very few make it to "print".  Since there is so much work involved with the whole process and I really did come to love several of them, I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorites with you one more time before we get much farther into 2018.  Some of the photos are from Instagram.  Some are from this blog.  Some were your favorites and some were ones that only a mother could love since they were not overly popular on social media~~~I loved them anyway ;).




So, here goes--some of my favorite photos of 2017~

This photo was taken in early January 2017 before any snowfall.  The buds shown here are
on my massive magnolia tree.



This bucket of flowers photo was one of my very favorites but didn't make even a little splash
on social media :/


I took many, many photos last year during the Valentine's Day season.  For some reason I was hooked on Valentine's Day.  I could have shared dozens of photos with you but, here are a few of my favorites.  I like this trio of hearts because I made them myself and making them was a fun project.  I am still looking to find where I stashed them away for protection last year, however!  More house cleaning, I guess~



This photo was an Instagram favorite.  This was one of my "flat lay" entries.  I found the sheet music
 hidden away in the bench of my old piano.  Some of it dates back to when my mom took piano lessons from my great-grandmother.


This happened to be another Instagram favorite.  I was rather surprised about that!  I had joined in on #vivalavignettetuesday.  I think it was with this post that I started to see the power of the correct hashtag.  I still have a big learning curve on that one I'm afraid :).


I think this was another flop on Instagram but, I find myself going back to look at it so, I guess it must be one of my favorites.  This is the magnolia tree next to my back deck in full bloom.  It's it beautiful?


This was another flat lay entry.  I loved the colors and the brightness of the photo.


This was a craft I did with papery fabric flowers.  This blog post was actually featured at the link party, Snickerdoodle Create, Bake, Make.  It was very exciting and I am very appreciative.


This is one of my favorite photos because I created this centerpiece and several others for a very special occasion: a dedication of a very special garden for a very special little girl.  If you would like to read about the story, you will find it here.


This really isn't one of my favorite photos but, I am including it because this picture shows many of the centerpieces I did for one of my weddings last summer.  I thought the colors and the flowers were just lovely~


This photo was one of my very favorites but did not do very well on Instagram at all...except it did get the attention of J.Crew.  Yes, the very same J.Crew you see at the mall.  I was immensely flattered that they had noticed my photo and wanted to use it in their marketing materials but, the correspondence and request to use my photo were ambiguous at best and it appeared I would have to give up all ownership of my photograph without any compensation.  So, I never followed through with contacting them.  I am still very flattered, however.


For some reason, I just love this "capture".  No particular reason, I just do!


Finally, how can you go through a year of pictures without sharing one of Christmas?  I loved this tree which was simply adorned with some ribbon and all of the special ornaments my family and I have collected over the years: lots and lots of ornaments.

*******************

Well, thank you for letting me share some of my favorite photos from 2017 with you.  As you can see, I am somewhat all-over-the-place with my postings.  I am going to try to work on that this year.  I really should focus on wedding florals and event design.  However, I have so many varied interests that I am not making any promises to stay on track for very long :).  I hope you have enjoyed this trip down memory lane and are looking forward to 2018 as much as I am.  I have two grandbabies expected to be born any day now!  We are so, so, so excited and have so much to look forward to!!!


Hope you are finding joy in January!  
~Christine

Joining in with these link parties:


Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment