A Wreath for the Barn---Maybe!

Hello, all!  Hope you have been enjoying the last bits of spring as summer is quickly approaching.  It has been a hodge-podge of a week for me.  I think the long weekend (although great!) may have messed me up for getting anything really productive done.  I have been a day off---all week!  However, I did finally get a project done that I have been meaning to do for weeks.





A few week ago I purchased a ton of silk flowers with the intention of making a wreath for my barn which sits down in the meadow of our property.  I usually try to decorate the barn for the changing seasons and wanted to start the spring/summer season off with this wreath.  Until now, I hadn't gotten very far in that effort :).  I still need to plant flowers in the barn window boxes!!



After having put the wreath together I started to wonder if I really wanted to put it on the barn.  I would enjoy it so much more on the front door.  Would the wreath show up well enough against the brown paint of the barn?  These are things I am considering while I decide its final location.


Until I decide I am loving the look of my new wreath.  I love the purple with the blue and the peach and white mixed in.  I also love the mixture of the different kinds of greenery I found.  I never in my wildest dreams thought I would use all of the silk flowers I purchased but, I did!


I find that to be true with silk flower design as well as fresh floral design.  Every project always seems to take more material than you think.  I am slowly learning to buy extra :).


I haven't tried hanging the wreath on the barn door yet.  It's a little bit of a trek down the hill and it has been raining today.  Of course, that is the best way to make my final decision.  I should hang it on the barn door to see how it looks!  However, until it stops raining I will probably keep the wreath right where it is--on the front door.


The wreath actually looks its best hanging against the siding of my house.  The light background really makes the colors pop.


I am pretty excited how the wreath turned out regardless of where it ends up :)

Have a great weekend!

Joining these Link Parties:




2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful Wreath! Nicely done. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Thursday Favorite Things party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete