Getting the Shed Ready for Summer and the Wedding Season

Welcome back, everyone!  Spring is a busy time for me and this week has been no exception.  I have been working in my garden trying to get it ready for the summer.  While continuing to do that, I have also been trying to get my shed ready for all the fun we will be having in there, as well as, getting it ready for a few meetings with some lovely brides.


Last week I met with a new bride who wants me to do the flowers for her wedding.  I love, love, love meeting with brides and discussing flowers!  It is so much fun!  Every bride is different and it is very exciting to listen to her vision.  It is a great joy for me to bring that vision to life through flowers~


Getting my shed...you know calling it a shed really is doing this beautiful structure that my husband designed and built for me a disservice...I should say, getting my studio "meeting ready" is a very important job for me in the spring.


There is raking, planting and sweeping to do after the long and sometimes hard winter.


And, I also have the added job of decorating the front doors of the studio. 



This time I went with simple and delicate little swags tied with burlap ribbon.  I have to say I really love the simplicity of these guys.



Once the outside is starting to look good, I move onto the inside of the "shed".  I sweep it out and get rid of the cobwebs while my husband checks out the mechanical workings of the place.  The shed is only a three-season shed so the water has to be connected and so on and so on.


Next it is time to plan for my visit with my brides.  Sometimes they are prospective clients and sometimes they are brides I have been working with through the winter.  They come to go over the fine details of the wedding flowers.


I like to have fresh flowers in the studio for my meetings :).



And, some refreshments if I can.  After all, it's all about the celebration!



Full disclosure: these are store-bought goodies.  Sadly, I never have time to bake, it seems.



At the end of the day, I love all that my shed brings.  It is great for parties, great for meetings and great for photo ops!


Enjoy your day!  Now, it is back to the garden for me!

Joining in with these fun Link Parties:

4 comments:

  1. Hi Christine,
    What a lovely studio you have, and how nice that your hubby is so handy that he was
    able to build it for you, and what a great job he did. It is really lovely and what a sweet quaint place to have friend or clients to visit. It looks all ready to me.
    Hope you have lots of fun in there for all the seasons that you can
    Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nellie. My husband will appreciate your nice comments too!

      Delete
  2. Oh yea, I meant to say also that It was nice to meet you here in blogland..this was my first time to come across your blog and it is lovely.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nellie. I appreciate your kind comments 😊.

      Delete