Some of My Favorite Designs from 2018

Welcome!  I am very slowly moving into 2019 but, while I painstakingly get my house into January mode, I wanted to look back at some of the designs I created last year to gain perspective as I move forward into a new year.  Looking back helps me to appreciate some of my achievements (something that is hard for me to do sometimes) while also allowing me to set some new goals toward overall improvement .

So, here is a little slide show of my favorite floral designs from 2018.  Some you may have seen before and some may be new to you:



This wintry collection ↑ was somewhat hap-hazard as I created it for a photo shoot for an ad I was running to promote my business.  I thought it was cool that it was in the snow~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For this ↓ arrangement I was playing around with some lilacs from my garden mixed in with some parrot tulips and delphinium.  I absolutely LOVE delphinium!





I am thinking I made up this tussie-mussie in the springtime.  I thought it looked very old-fashioned and I really like the idea of the tussie-mussie anyway.  What could be better than a tiny hand-held bouquet given with special meanings attached?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I truly loved this photo shoot of corsages and boutonnieres.  Doesn't this photo have an ethereal look?


Along the way, I discovered how much I really like wax flower mixed into corsages and boutonnieres.  So pretty!

I hired a web designer in 2018 to totally change the look of my website.  If you would like to take a peek at my new website, you can check it out here.  

While re-designing the website I needed to create photos that were a bit different from my norm.  This was one of the photos I took during that process.  I don't think it made the cut but, I liked it anyway.

Of course, I love being in my studio.  This was a carefree design I created in that space.  It really is "my happy place."


I have already shared that my Farm Stand Flowers for Farm-to-Table Fun post was one of my favorites of 2018. I continued on with that theme a week or two later after another visit to that same flower farm and created this bridal bouquet.  For some reason, I really like the simplicity and rustic nature of this bouquet.  It truly was one of my favorite designs of the year.


I loved this wrist corsage from the same series, as well.  All of the materials used here were from my garden. I thought that in-a-pinch I could create something out of very little and that was truly satisfying to me :).



This photo was from a wedding I did in October.  I thought the colors of the flowers used in this arbor arrangement were absolutely gorgeous!  I can say that because the bride chose them.  I just put them together :).


The next day I made these two arrangements from the left-over flowers and delivered them to my assistants for an added bonus and "thank you" for their help.


I hope my assistants enjoyed the bouquets~  I certainly enjoyed making them :).




 Finally, I have two designs from the end of 2018.  This was my Thanksgiving table design.  It was simple and utilitarian because we were dining old school this year--in our finished basement.  There were 19 of us and that was the only way I could comfortably feed everyone at the same time.  Everything worked out wonderfully and I really thought the table looked rather nice :).


And, this was one of the Christmas arrangements I made for an interior design stop.  The reindeer was a big hit!



Now I really do have to get my house into January-mode...before January is over!

Happy Winter Everybody!

Sharing at these Link Parties:


We Were Featured!





2 comments: