Flowers for an April Wedding: Part Two

Hello, there!  I am sorry it has taken me this amount of time to finish posting about the wedding I did in April.  The month flew by and May is not exactly going at a snail's pace either.  However, I do have a few more photos to share with you from Katie and Andrew's wedding at the Ocean Edge Resort in Brewster, Massachusetts.



The photos above and below are the only outdoor photos I took of the venue that day.  It was a busy day, too busy to stop and go outside and take a picture of the front of the mansion. The wedding cocktail hour was underway as we were leaving and it would have been rude to take the photos then. It is a shame since the mansion really is gorgeous.  I'll try to stop by this summer and take a few.  Perhaps, I will share them later.
 

In Part One of this post I shared the boutonnieres, corsages and nosegay bouquets of the wedding party.  Now I will be sharing the rest of the floral items from the wedding.  Katie, the bride, had wanted three white hydrangeas to make up the bridesmaid bouquets.  She wanted me to add in some rice flower along with the same three varieties of greens, seeded and silver dollar eucalyptus and Italian ruscus used in the rest of the arrangements.  The recipe was simple but lovely.


The flower combination turned out to be beautiful!





Katie wanted the stems wrapped with remnants from her dress and a lace applique from her veil.  Isn't that a nice touch?

*I want to take a moment to tell you about the spa where the girls we being pampered and getting their hair and make-up done.  The spa was a hop-skip-and-a-jump from the resort and was very chic.  The place was humming with activity and Ocean Edge employees could not have been more helpful...or nice.  It was a pleasure delivering the bouquets there and seeing all the girls getting ready.


Next, it was back to the mansion where my assistant, Judy, and I would be putting together the centerpieces of greens and candles.  Katie had supplied the candles and the resort had placed them in the center of the tables.  Judy and I had to arrange them "just-so" and add the trio of greens to the center of the tables to create the centerpieces.



I was somewhat nervous about the whole thing, wondering how long it would take to do and if the greens-only look would be enough to make the ballroom look full and beautiful.  When we were done, I was very relieved.  The room looked lovely with the pale pink tablecloths, gold chairs and, of course, the centerpieces.  All was going well but, time was ticking.


I arranged the trio of greens for the sweetheart table, as well.


Katie's vision for the room turned out to be just as she wanted, simply elegant.




While I was adding the greens to various tables around the ballroom area, as I had been instructed by Katie to do, the event managers asked me if I had any extra flowers.  Yikes!  As I explained to them, I had not brought a lot of extra flowers with me because Katie had wanted the "all greens look" but I did have a few that I had brought in case of an emergency.  Well, I guess this was an emergency :).  They thought the room needed some flowers so, in a pinch and with a borrowed vase I threw some flowers together and placed them on the name card table.  I was a little upset because it wasn't my best work and it was a reflection on me but, I did it anyway.  I think extra flowers always look nice but, not brides have a vision in mind and I don't like to mess with that.  And, of course, there is always the matter of the budget too! 




Once the ballroom was done we quickly ran upstairs to the main lobby of the mansion where the cocktail hour was to take place. This is the view from the terrace just above the lobby that overlooks the ocean.



A perfect place for the cocktail hour.  The day could not have been better.  Katie and Andrew really lucked out because you can't bank on that kind of weather on Cape Cod in early April...in any part of April for that matter!


Here is Judy arranging some little arrangements she had made with some of the extra flowers we had left over.  This had already been discussed with Katie beforehand and was part of the original plan :).  Just a touch of color~






For the cocktail part of the evening, the tables were decorated with the trio of greens, as well.  







The last job of the day for us was to wait for the cake to be delivered.  I was supposed to decorate it with...yes, you guessed it...greens.  However, I was also supposed to add one white hydrangea to one of the tiers.  I couldn't help myself.  I added one more for good measure :).  I was given the blessing of the Mother-of-the-Bride so, I felt good about it~


Now, I will have to wait for the professional photos to arrive to really see how all our floral work turned out. I never really know until I receive those photos how the bouquets, etc. looked on that special day.  However, one of my friends was at the wedding and she told me everything looked beautiful.  I hope she meant it but she is my very good friend, after all, and one of my greatest advocates.  It's always nice to have one of those in life, isn't it?!  So, I will wait with anticipation for the photos :).



Hope You Enjoy Your Day!!

Sharing at these link parties:
Grandma's House We Go







Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment