A Many Textured Thanksgiving Table


Hello!  I know I have posted a lot 
on the subject of Thanksgiving tablescapes this fall but, I hope you will indulge me one more time.  I have enjoyed creating this one so much that I just couldn't help myself.  I hope you don't mind.



It all started with these fabric pumpkins.  This cute raccoon didn't hurt either :).  This latest Thanksgiving tablescape is so different from the ones I have done in the past that I thought it would be OK to share one more table set-up with you.



My dining room is incorporated into the large living room in my contemporary home.  This is the view I have every morning from my kitchen.  The living room/dining room is flooded with light from all the many windows in the room.  This is a wonderful feature of the house but, believe it or not, all that light makes it extremely difficult to photograph the room well.  I still need to take a photography class to figure out how to capture the light correctly in the room but, until then, I will apologize in advance for the not-so-great photos.



Part of the reason I wanted to do one more post on the Thanksgiving Table was because I wanted to show off my transformed dining room.  Last year I bought a long awaited table from Restoration Hardware but could not afford more of the dining pieces at that time.  Therefore, my husband painted the hutch, buffet and sideboard of my old dining set to compliment the new table.  It is hard to tell from these photos but, the paint color coordinates very well with the table.  (Thank you Gizelli from the paint store for that!)





Now to the many textures of this table~

I layered two table runners on top of each other to give the effect I wanted for the center of the table.  I then found a plaid fabric to use for flatware pockets.  I liked the homey feel the plaid gave.  I also finally purchased some gold flatware.  I love it!  So great for the holidays.  This is not the traditional Thanksgiving look I usually go for but, I really like it for a change this year.





I used a little glitter here.  I told you this was going to be a many textured table.




Here is how the table came together~


I also incorporated brass accents.














And here are some other features of the dining room~

Two of the newly painted dining set side pieces

I love the fretwork (?) of the hutch.  My husband said this part of the hutch was very difficult to paint.  He complained about that a little bit and he's not a complainer.  Hahaha!






I know this isn't really part of the top of the table but, I wanted to show you the legs of it because they were the whole reason why I purchased the table in the first place :).




Fall accents~





I hope you have enjoyed my little presentation and that it has given you some new ideas as to how to decorate your Thanksgiving table this year.  


Wishing You Continued Creating!


  

Joining these link parties:




Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment