A Christmas Time Wedding Trio


I would like to share some work I did a few days ago.  I enjoying working with flowers and playing around with them. (I guess that goes without saying given what I do!) So that is exactly what I did at the end of last week.  Unfortunately the flower supply was wanting, seemingly everywhere when I decided to do this. I, therefore, settled on some white roses and babies breath for the main flowers.  I had some silver dollar eucalyptus and Italian ruscus left over from other projects I had done and the evergreens and dusty miller came from my garden.

I think because my next big floral design undertaking is a holiday wreath workshop I will be doing in a few weeks I had evergreens on my brain.  With that in mind I decided to play around and create a Christmas time wedding floral trio.  I was simply creating for the fun of it. This time there was no real wedding involved ;).
 The trio consisted of a groom's boutonniere, a groomsmen boutonniere and a mom or grandmom wrist corsage.

This was the first piece I made ↓ for the trio.  It is the "Groom" boutonniere.  It is a little larger than the traditional boutonniere but, I thought, "Why not?"  He's the groom, after all~

To me, this boutonniere would be lovely at Christmas time or even for a January or February wedding. I really liked adding in the dusty miller.  I was able to salvage some of it from my garden right before the evening temperatures plummeted here in New England.  It was amazing how well the dusty miller bounced back after being in the warm house and in a vase of water.  It actually is still going strong on my kitchen counter!

The next piece was the more simple groomsman boutonniere.  This included a white rose, some babies breath, Italian ruscus, silver dollar eucalyptus, some sprigs of evergreen and just a hint of the dusty miller.


Both items were tied with a shimmery frosted white ribbon.  This was to replicate snow and the frosty weather of winter.


The final addition to the trio was a wrist corsage.  For this piece I used a full-on sparkling silver ribbon and a rhinestone bracelet.  My imaginary wedding was to be very glamorous and elegant.  This corsage would be dazzling on the wrist of a mom or grandmom, don't you think?









Can you just see a wedding party wearing faux fur white stoles and black tuxes wearing these pieces?  
I can :).





If I were to make these boutonnieres and corsage again, I would like to add silver brunia.  That would look really cool!






But, I do think these are quite lovely all the same :).


Sharing at these link parties:

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment