A Semi-Foraged Arrangement and a Fall Dessert Potter's Bench



I am sitting here at my computer on Halloween afternoon looking out the window as it is pouring and looking very gloomy outside.  I spent the morning making macaroni and cheese, with bacon at my husband's request, in anticipation of heading North to my daughter, Brittany's house, to see my one and a half year old grandson, Finn, celebrate Halloween in his hippo costume.  Unfortunately, those plans are not going to happen today because Brittany ended up getting sick.  You know what they say about "best laid plans" :).



While I am sitting here I thought I might as well share a post that highlights the colors of fall one last time before the more muted tones of November are ushered in.  A week or so ago I decided to make one more floral arrangement using the left-over flowers I had from a wedding I did this month.  I also decided to make it a "thing" and expand on the theme a bit to include a dessert table, of sorts.


I have been into foraging this fall, as you may noticed from my other post, Foraging for Fall Flowers.  I have found it to be enjoyable, as well as, interesting discovering ways I could use the flora in my own yard to enhance my floral creations.  As I put together this last arrangement I felt it  needed leaves to be included to make it really pop.  So, off to forage I went!


I did think the oak leaves honestly made the arrangement and was pleasantly surprised at how long they stayed fresh before turning to the brown color you see as they eventually lay on the ground.  I think the leaves stayed colorful for almost a week in the water filled container.

Also, I have to say I am a new fan of pampas grass.  I think it looks awesome in almost everything this time of year.


After I create the centerpiece I imagined that it would look wonderful on "stage" so I proceeded to put together a dessert cart/table of sorts. 


 I gathered as many pumpkins as I could find around my house and included them on the display for color and to add to the seasonal theme.


I added some tea light holders and copper mugs and a few more pumpkins to the top of the table.  Oh, and I used a scarf for a partial tablecloth to tie the colors of fall together.  I probably wouldn't have added this if it were already November.  November seems to me to be more of a golden month.  Don't you think?


For some reason I like the look of walnuts cast around too.  They seem to fit into fall quite nicely :).



Of course, for a dessert table I also needed a dessert.  Thankfully, I had some of those ready-to-bake kind of cookies in my freezer.  They didn't taste half bad either!


I do like the color combination of burgundies, creams, rusts and greens this time of year. That is why I wanted to share one more vignette before the end of October.  


Elements you could add to your own dessert/beverage/any kind of cart or table could be:

The cart or table itself, something interesting and different is always fun!

A floral arrangement

Decorative additions such as pumpkins

Beverages

Desserts

Nibbles

Candles/Tea Light Holders

Decorative napkins and plates and cups

Decorative serving platters

Colorful tablecloths




I own a better looking potter's bench that I really wanted to use for this project but my husband was away on business and I couldn't manage to move it myself.  However, this funky old one somewhat lent itself to the quirky, fall overall look I was going for anyway.  I still want to use my galvanized metal one some day :).



Next, I will be onto November with those golden hues I was mentioning~

Oh, and by-the-way, Happy Halloween! 

Hope it's fun!!!




Joining in at these link parties:
Thursday Favorite Things
create-bake-grow-gather-party
Dare to Share
Silver Pennies Sundays
Love Your Creativity
Homestyle Gathering
Grandmas House DIY
Tuesday Turn About
Tutorials & Tips



7 comments:

  1. Oh my this is just amazing. I agree that November is more golden and I think of brown too. Our colors are late this year and the reds are really just now popping so I am enjoying it while it lasts.

    I love your lovely arrangement and dessert table! I will be featuring you again this week at TFT.

    Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing at the TFT, Christine I'm featuring your beautiful arrangement at this week's TFT Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post, Christine! What a unique idea to use your potting bench to show of your arrangement! So pretty! So blessed to have you at Tuesday Turn About.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie, for the opportunity to share :). Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete