An Easter Dessert Table for Two



You know, I am starting to lose track of time but, I think it was a week or so ago I decided to put together a little tablescape for Easter.  At that time, I already knew Easter was going to be just my husband and myself because of the coronavirus situation.




The problem I had...and still have...is that I am doing a thousand-piece puzzle at one end of the dining room table. Therefore, I haven't been able to set it up or decorate it for Easter. Truly, I have been enjoying my puzzle so much that Easter dinner was never a consideration.  We'll just eat at the other end. It's only us.  No big deal~


Having said all that, the only table left on which to create an Easter table setting was an accent table that sits at the other end of the room. The table has round drop leaves but I only elevate one side because the table is placed against a window.  There are two chairs that flank the elevated side.  The whole setting is a perfect table-for-two.  It is funny I have never used it that way before.  Necessity is the mother of invention, I guess.


So, I started to look for Easter items I have stored in the basement and went to work on my tablescape.


I found many plastic Easter eggs and some decoupaged eggs I made with torn napkins and modge-podge. This ↑ is one of my favorites.


I also have a set of china tea cups thanks to my mother and a few of my husband's aunts.  It is fun to pull them out of storage when I want to be fancy :).


I also found these bunny plates I had purchased last year.





I can't remember if I purchased these pink chargers last year, as well, or if it was the year before but, they seem to work wonderfully for Easter and/or spring.


And, it just so happened that my sister-in-law dropped off some chocolate chip cookies for my husband the day I put this table setting together.  We all stayed outside and stood at least six feet apart from each other.  No worries there. Since my husband loves chocolate chip cookies and I was able to use them in my photographs, I have to give a big shout out to Barbara.  Thank you!



I also used the Easter centerpiece that I made from materials I already had in the house.  I put that together about a week ago or so.  If you would like to see how I put it together, you may see it here.



We will have to see what kind of a day it is weather-wise on Easter Sunday.  If it is really nice, we may sit outside for dessert.  But, if the weather is lousy, we might just sit at my table-for-two.  We will see.



Looking forward to Easter.  Hope you are too~


Joining these link parties:







Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment