Making an Easter Centerpiece Using Items from Home




Hi Everyone!  How are you holding up?  Most likely you are like me and having some up and down days.  Sometimes the ups and downs come within the days for me.  But for the most part, I am doing well.  I have even been able to have some fun along the way.


Since we are staying at home and not venturing out very much, I am having to create with what I already own.  With that in mind I set out to make an Easter centerpiece using items other than flowers.  I haven't felt comfortable running out on-a-whim even to the grocery store to pick up items that are not truly necessary. When we do have to go to the store I might grab something like flowers then but, that wasn't the case with this project.  So, I searched my house again and this is what I came up with~


I had purchased these bunnies from the Dollar Store when I was hunting for bunnies to use in my baby shower centerpieces back in January.  You can see that post here if you want to check it out.  These bunnies did not fit that particular project but they are perfect for Easter.


I also had a stash of decorated Easter eggs.


Some of them I even made myself.  The printed eggs below are ones I made using torn napkins and Modge-Podge.  I made them with my daughter and a friend.  

It was such a great time. 

I miss those times right now.

 I am sure you do too!


I also found a spring-green vase and some basket filler to add to the mix.


I put everything together on top of an antique glass pedestal platter that I won at a raffle at a garden club meeting.  Every part of the centerpiece was something I already had in my possession.  I have to say that was kind of a cool feeling :).  I was glad I had bought these bunny picks all those months ago.


Since I did not take photos of myself making the centerpiece I will describe to you what I did:

  1.   I placed a piece of dry oasis inside the spring green vase.
  2.   I stuck the bunny picks in the oasis making them varying heights.
  3.   I covered the foam with some of the green basket filler.
  4.   I placed the vase and all on top of the pink serving dish.
  5.   I arranged the Easter eggs around the base of the vase.
  6.   I added some of the basket filler around the eggs
  7.   Voila!

And, when it was all done, I included it in my mini Easter tablescape.

  I am still hoping to show you the tablescape soon.  Still working on making the photos
 presentable :).


Hoping you stay well and safe!


***No compensation has been given for this post.

Joining at these link parties:
Inspire Me MondayTuesday Turn AboutGrandmas House DIY Wednesday Link Party,
Wow Me WednesdayTFTcreate-bake-grow-gather-partySilver Pennies Sundays
pamspartyandpracticaltips



Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment