The Styling of a Cabinet in January

Wow it is January 14th already!  Time does fly even in the winter!  I think I have removed pretty much all of the Christmas red from my home by now and slowly I am creating a cleansing palette of white for winter decorating.  I have to say I am happy with the uncluttered look that happens after the holidays.


With that in mind I removed the Christmas plates and trees, etc. from the hutch in my family room.  This is the one that my husband painted a few years ago.  You can see that post here if you would like.

This is what the cabinet looked like over the holiday season.  I think people have liked how it looked because this photo seems to have done well on Pinterest, which is always fun for me to see :).


I did keep one of the elements from Christmas in the cabinet.  I left the Angel Gabriel in there because the statue is white, which goes along with the theme, and also because I feel we could all use an angel watching over us.

The white snowflake battery-powered candles are from storage.  I didn't use them during the holidays.  They are wintry and not so much holiday so I used them here instead.


The idea was to mix white and wood brown for the cabinet.  In the past I have mixed white and gray for January but I am liking the warmer look of the wood this time around. 


 I kept the pottery urn and basket on top of the hutch but removed the greenery, berries and wreath from Christmas to give that area a cleaner look also.


My method of decorating madness is scouring the house for things that will bring dimension and the colors I am going for.  Luckily, I have tons of stuff hanging around in storage.  I usually don't have to buy too much to make it through January, anyway.


I love this photo of two of my grandchildren.  It makes me smile.  And, I have been using pine cones all over the house this month.  I had a batch leftover from a workshop I did in 2019 and was saving them for a workshop in 2020.  Unfortunately, that did not happen because of the virus.  I am glad I could find a use for these pine cones right now, though.  I am hoping 2021 will open that door to workshops again soon.


More grandchildren pics and finds from my stash.


I love these battery-powered candles.  No mess or danger and yet give the light that is needed so badly in January.





I may add another family photo on the bottom shelf to even the total look out.  We will see.  For now, I am liking the clean look of the cabinet.


I will share a few more pics of the living room of my home to show how things have been freshened up.  All the red is gone but, I had to leave a few lighted things around just to keep my spirits lifted.  The house is just too dark otherwise.




But, I do love the simplicity of winter.  It is so restful~





Joining these Link Parties:

Thursday Favorite ThingsCreate, Bake, Grow & GatherSnickerdoodle Link Party

Love Your CreativityCreate With Joy Inspire Me MondayInspire Me Monday

Wednesday Link PartyTFT

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment