Valentine Vignettes

Hi there!  I had decided this year that I was not going to decorate for Valentine's Day.  Every year it seems like I have just taken down Christmas and winter decorations when it is time for Valentine's Day. The Valentine season is just too short to decorate my house for.


Well....I caved.  I couldn't stand the bland white decorations anymore.  So....I started to introduce red and pink and hearts in specific places around the house.  I don't have many areas decorated...just a few.  Here are some of those places.

 This wreath ↑ was one that I made at my Zoom garden club meeting a few days ago.  As you may know from my previous post last week I have been making hearts of all kinds this February.  It was coincidental that my garden club's craft this month was making this heart wreath.  It was very easy and lots of fun to make and added to my heart collection.  However, I am moving on from hearts and would like to show you some other areas of my house where I have added other Valentine decorations.

I must admit, I have mostly used decorations I had saved from years past.  This year I used two different garlands to decorate this grapevine wrath in the living room.  Both of them I made :)/


On the kitchen shelves I added a red vase and displayed a sweet card I received from my husband.


This is one of the cardboard hearts I made last week.  I liked how it was displayed against
 this pine board.


I left the mercury glass vases filled with pine cones on this side board. The "Love" sign is actually a placemat.  The hearts above the "Love" sign are more cardboard hearts I made several years ago. (I guess it is a fixation with me.)



More hearts displayed~



This is the puzzle I am working on this year.  It is like Deja Vu all over again.
I like working on puzzles.  I just didn't expect I would have to do another one this year
 to keep myself busy alone in my house :/.


I hung one of my new cardboard hearts on the hutch in my dining room.  I found the ribbon in my stash.  It goes with the placemat above the side board very well :).


I received this wine glass set as a wedding gift many, may years ago.  I bring it out every now and then.  I love these felt hearts.  They are so adorable and Valentine festive!

Among the jobs I had to do this week was to put together Valentine gift bags for my grandkids.  I delivered a few today and it was truly joyous.  Those kids, I say without humility because after all their parents have the greatest bragging rights, are the sweetest, cutest kids and are so much fun to be around.  Love comes in all shapes and sizes but, the love of grandkids has to be one of the greatest!  I hope you have ones you love around you this weekend.


Happy Valentine's Day Weekend 

Joining these Link Parties:

Love Your Creativity



Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment