Chocolate Bombs: A Fun Way to Set a Table!


 I have to admit something to you.  Sometimes, many times, I need my daughters and daughter-in-law to keep me up-to-date with what is "trending" and popular.  So goes, with chocolate bombs.  I had not heard of them until a few weeks ago when my daughter, Brittany, of Bristles and Twine, was making a bunch of them to sell at her pop-up shop on Valentine's Day.  Evidently, they were all the rage at Christmastime and I totally missed the phenomenon. 


When my husband and I arrived at the café where my daughter had been invited to host a pop-up shop, we found all shorts of varieties of her decorated sugar cookies.  They were adorable and beautifully decorated, as hers always are; this time for Valentine's Day.  However, the bell-of-the-ball appeared to be the chocolate bombs she had made in all sorts of flavors.  She had milk chocolate ones, white chocolate ones, red velvet ones, and on and on.

My husband quickly purchased a number of them before they were all gone to give to our friends and family.

Since my life and what goes on in it is always an inspiration for this blog, I started to think how I could use these beautifully packaged and seemingly delicious chocolate bombs in a way that would be fun and informative for you, my readers. 

After some thought, I decided that they could be incorporated in the cutest of tablescapes, which was somewhat of a stretch since I had told myself a while ago that I would stay away from tablescapes for a while this year.  I thought I had overplayed that hand and needed to move on.  Of course, since making that proclamation to myself I have thought of a half a dozen really neat tablescape ideas :/.  So...there might be more tablescapes to come.  We will see~

I, then, set out to collect the elements for my tablescape.

I collected chargers, plates, mugs, napkins, silverware, candles, etc.  Anything I thought would mix well with the idea in my mind.


Luckily for me, I had just made whoopie pies for my husband for Valentine's Day.  They would be perfect for the tablescape!   The recipe was his mother's.  They are involved to make and do not come out looking like a perfectly traditional whoopie pie but, they would do.  

As you might have noticed I used a gray placement and a pink charger and offset them from each other to form the place setting.  I like the two colors together.  This seemed appropriate for February. 

I also had small square white appetizer plates and that is were I placed the whoopie pies.  (The whoopie pies may not look picture-perfect but, I have to tell you my husband loves them!)

I almost forgot to mention that I used a flower arrangement I had made earlier as a centerpiece for the table.  The arrangement is simple but, adds just enough~

Also, to make it oh so formal, I included tiny handwritten place cards.

I purchase some "gold" silverware a bit ago and I absolutely love this metal against the pink napkin.

I encircled this tri-wick candle with some interesting yarn I purchased at Dollar Tree.

So, according to the directions that came with the chocolate bomb: Place the bomb in a mug...

pour 1 cup of steaming milk over the bomb and stir until melted.

Heavenly, don't you think?



It just could be the perfect way to spend a winter afternoon with a friend or a loved one when that is totally possible again :).





Recipe for Chocolate Bomb Tablescape

2 Gray Placemats
2 Pink Chargers
2 Small White Plates 
2 Pink Napkins
2 Pretty Mugs, color to match décor
2 Golden Spoons
1-2 Small Creamers for milk
1 Jar Candle, wrapped in yarn, if desired
1 Centerpiece, mine was flowers but you can use anything you like
2 Place Cards, if desired
2 Chocolate Bombs
2 Cups Steaming Milk
2 Yummy Treats, mine were whoopie pies
Creativity
Laughter











***Please note that I have not been compensated in anyway for this post.


Joining these Link Parties:

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment