When all Else Fails Try Garden Art

Hi there!  How are you all doing? This has been a tough flower growing season for me... mainly because I have been invaded by bunnies!  They are as cute as can be and they seem to be VERY comfortable with my presence in the garden but, they are eating all of my flowers!!  I am devastated!  I had grown zinnias and Mexican sunflowers from seed and they were doing wonderfully. I had also purchased some beautiful zinnias, as well.  Most of them are gone now.  So, so sad! 


But, in trying to make lemonade out of lemons I decided to go in another direction.  Instead of continually buying and planting more flowers only to see them get eaten, I decided to fill up some of the spaces with garden art.  What else was I going to do?!  So, here are some examples of my garden creations.

I always have trouble with some kind of critter eating the flowers in front of my she shed so garden art maybe what I do from this year forward.  Looking through some of my stuff I found this old windchime in the garage and decided to hang it from a "welcome" hook.  When the wind blows it makes a gentle noise in the yard.


In that same garden I also used some water globes and an old standby cow lawn ornament to fill the space.


Moving down the side yard to the next garden, I placed this solar moon decoration.  I am hoping it will light up a dark part of the garden during the early evening.


I rescued this blue globe from the garbage.  The base had disintegrated but the globe was still "OK".  I placed it in a flower pot to elevate it a bit. I like how it adds some color to the side garden. 


I have had this whirl-a-gig for a while.  I really like the motion it brings to the yard.  


My friend, Karen, gave me this hanging flower holder.  I believe it is supposed to be used in the house for cuttings but she suggested I could use it in my garden.  I think it adds another nice touch.


My husband's administrative assistant gave us this unusual garden sculpture last Christmas.  It was made by a Maine artist and can draw a person's eye into the garden.


My mom gave me this sweet spinner when she was still able to pick out gifts on QVC.  It kind of holds a sweet place in my heart because it is from her.


Well, after looking at my photos, I was disappointed with the lack of color in them so, I decided to share a few more photos of the garden that are a bit more cheery :).  I started with one cheery picture at the beginning of this post and one at the end. If it weren't for those cute little bunnies there would be color all over my garden 😞.



Happy Weekend!

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment