Wedding Bouquets, Boutonnieres and More!

 I know I have been MIA for the last few weeks.  I have a couple of reasons for that.  One is that I ended up getting sick with Lyme Disease.  This came exactly two weeks before I was about to start the work on a very large wedding that had been in the works one way or another for about two and a half years due to the pandemic.  Only my family knew I was sick because I didn't want word to get out that I may not have the strength to do all that I had to do for the wedding.  Thankfully, my doctor was completely on it and got me started on the treatment right away. Slowly but surely I got stronger and, although I was still not quite myself, I was able to do all that I needed to for the wedding with a lot of help from my crew of friends and family. 

Preparing for the wedding and doing the flowers is the other reason I have been missing for a few weeks.  There is a lot of prep and a lot of work associated with wedding flowers and I needed to devote all of my attention (and strength) to this very special wedding.

But now I am back and eager to show you some of the photos from the wedding.  As always, my wedding flower photos are just so-so.  It is always rush, rush and I am lucky if I get any pictures at all.  This wedding was no exception. Today I am going to share some photos of the bridal party flowers with you. I am debating whether I should write a post about the prep part of my weddings and share some of the behind-the-scenes photos.  I am trying to decide if all of that should really stay secret. After all, I don't want to take away from the mystique of wedding events. They are all quite lovely in their own way and need to have a sense of mystery.

However, I will tell you that my crew and I do our very best to deliver the flowers in the freshest and best state possible.  This means bouquets in vases with water, boutonnieres and corsages in sealed coolers and the a/c of the van(s) cranked up as high as it will go.  We dress like it is winter when delivering flowers!  For this wedding we traveled two and a quarter hours to Harwich, Massachusetts in two vans filled to the brim with wedding flowers!  This ↓ was the view between the ceremony site and the reception venue.  This venue was undoubtedly one of the most beautiful we had ever seen.

But, back to the flowers.  As soon as we arrive we start preparing the wedding party flowers to be delivered to the wedding party.  This means cutting the stems of the bouquets and placing them in decorated boxes and delivering the boutonnieres to the men in boxes, as well.

Here are some of the bridesmaid bouquets~ 





The flowers used were white and blue hydrangeas, pink spray roses and white standard roses along with Israeli ruscus.


I also added in one white O'Hara Garden Rose to the bridesmaid bouquets.  I had an overabundance of those due to a miscommunication between my flower supplier and myself so, I decided to add one into each of the bridesmaid bouquets.


Then, of course, was the bride's bouquet.  I loved how classic it was.


This bouquet consisted of all white flowers including hydrangeas, spray roses and standard roses.  There were a few greens of Israeli and Italian ruscus, as well, per the bride's instructions.


I am hoping the bride's photographer will do this bouquet more justice than these photos are doing :).


There were also the moms to consider.  This was the only picture we took of those bouquets.  The little nosegay bouquets included white O'Hara Garden roses,  Playa Blanca roses, white stock and white spray roses.  I always have fun making these nosegays because I can be a little free with my design and am able to use, for the most part, whatever flowers are at my disposal.  It's fun!


Next, we had the flowers for Nellie, the yellow lab, who was going down the aisle, as well.


I florally embellished her collar and leash.


I had never decorated a dog collar or leash before so, it was somewhat of a challenge.  In the end, I thought they came out cute.


Finally, my assistant Judy, had made all the boutonnieres for me, 15 in all!  Because that work is very timely and the boutonnieres must quickly be made, packaged and placed in the refrigerator we did not get any photos of them.  I made a few similar boutonnieres the next day to have some representation of the wedding boutonnieres.  They contained simple touches of white hydrangea and Italian ruscus.  The groom wanted somewhat demur boutonnieres.


So, here is the beginning of the wedding delivery journey to the Wychmere Beach Club in Harwich, Massachusetts, for the wedding of Erin and Pat. I will be sharing more of the event with you in future posts but, for now, I hope you are having a wonderful day!





Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment