A Wedding Color Palette of Yellows, Creams, Whites and Sage Green


Hi guys.  Today I wanted to share a beautiful color palette from a wedding I did in August with you.  Unlike other weddings I have shared, not all of the photos are from the wedding itself.  I am finding it harder and harder to deliver these flowers, do all that is involved AND take photos of the event itself.  So, in this instance, I was able to make my own flower arrangements and bouquets from leftover flowers after the fact.  This way I can give you a sense of what the flowers looked like while taking my time photographing and being able to share a better product with you...at least that is my hope :).

Below is a bouquet that looks similar to the one that I made for the bride.  Hers was much larger, however.  This one is more similar to the size of her maid of honor bouquet.  I just loved the colors together.  I usually do whites, creams and blushes.  That is what the brides usually want so doing a totally different color palette was especially fun! 

The flowers used were different shades of yellow roses, an orangy-yellow garden rose, white spray roses, white stock, white snapdragons, astilbe, astrantia, white veronica, white roses and different varieties of eucalyptus.  I loved this bouquet!


This is the back of the bouquet ↓.  Normally I would have all different kinds of flowers in the back, as well, but I was using leftover flowers and I only had a few of these creme-de-la-creme roses available.  Aren't they pretty?

I also loved the sage ribbon the bride chose.  I thought it was a nice change from the traditional ivory.

I played around with the flowers to create this Mother of the Bride nosegay bouquet.  I absolutely love making nosegay bouquets.  They are petite and lovely and I can be extra creative while designing them.  The real Mother of the Bride wanted a wrist corsage.  This was more fun to make :).

I tied this bouquet with the sage ribbon, as well.

Finally, in this pretend after-wedding mode, I made a dining table centerpiece of my own choosing.   Personally, I like the asymmetric look of centerpieces. I have fun making them.  As you will see, for the real wedding I used mason jars as vases and they had a rustic, free-flowing look also. 

Here are a few examples of the mason jar arrangements.  These actually made it to the wedding :).



I made a guestbook table arrangement too.

The wedding was held at the home of the parents of the bride. It was a horse estate in Effingham, New Hampshire.  Effingham is a rural community and the parent's home was gorgeous.  They employed a tent company and the outdoor venue was decorated beautifully.

Here is the sweetheart table with the floral arrangement I made for it.

This was the view for the guests to see on the other side of the table.

This was just a quick photo I took of the bar flower arrangement.  This was before the bar was set up.  In the background was another mason jar arrangement.  There were fewer tables than expected so there were some extra centerpieces that could be put around here and there.

Finally, came the cake which, of course, I did not make.  I did, however, make a garland of eucalyptus to drape around the base of the cake.  I also made some clusters of flowers to incorporate into the garland.  The baker decorated the rest of the cake with the flowers I had brought along.  There was a miscommunication between the bride, the baker and myself so it was good that I always bring extra flowers with me "just in case".  This was a just-in-case moment because the cake would have been pretty basic if I hadn't brought the flowers.  Just sayin'.  Hahaha!


My team and I decorated the wooden boxes that were going to hold the cupcakes with eucalyptus branches.  I thought it was a lovely display.  By this time, the baker and I were great friends!



Well, there you have it, a bit of a confusing reveal of the August wedding I did but, I hope you enjoyed it anyway and thought the yellow, cream, white and sage green color palette was pretty neat!  I thought so!

Enjoy Your Weekend!


Sharing at these Link Parties:

2 comments: