A Boutonniere Contest~ You Can Join In!

 Hey there!  I have to apologize for being absent from my blog for these past few weeks.  Life has been at a rapid pace and mixed in there my husband got very sick (not COVID) a few weeks ago.  Thankfully, he is fully recovered.  All of this has thrown my blogging and truthfully life rhythm off but, I am hoping to get it back!

Last week on Instagram I asked for the opinion of my followers concerning some boutonnieres I had made.  It was so much fun for me and gave me some insight into what people think that I thought I would try it on my blog.  I hope you will indulge me and even, perhaps, give me your opinion.

Last month I did a wedding that contained these flowers.  I did forget to include astilbe in the montage but, that was a flower used, as well.


Since, like always, during the time of the wedding flower delivery there is little time to take photos, I chose to make replicas of some of the flower items after the fact.  I did a few mock-ups of boutonnieres using the leftover flowers from the wedding.


Judy, my assistant, does many of my boutonnieres when the wedding is big enough that I must focus on bouquets and centerpieces and do not have time to make them myself.  For this wedding, we did them together.  At the time, I wanted to include white veronica into the mix of the bouts but, Judy thought it would be too much.


So when it came to making the mock-ups, I chose to play around a little bit and added it more flowers than we had used in the actual wedding.


Today, I would love it if you weighed in with an opinion.  Below are the three boutonnieres I created post-wedding.


This first one, Number 1, is the boutonniere that we made for the wedding.  It consisted of white spray roses, white astilbe (the white stalk-type flower in the middle), white astrantia and parvafolia eucalyptus.

Number 1


This next boutonniere (Number 2)was really my indulgence.  I loved these yellow/orange spray roses that I found at the market last minute.  I only had a few blossoms left and wanted to use one in the boutonnieres. This one used all the same flowers as Number 1 but I substituted one white spray rose for the yellow/orange one.

Number 2

Finally, the last boutonniere is basically the same as the first one but, I included the white veronica into the mix.  Do you see it there in the middle?  This is what I had in mind for the wedding.  (The bride had given me a lot of latitude for design.)

Number 3

So, now I would love it if you weighed in on my little contest.  Could you please comment and tell me which boutonniere you like the best?  It is a fun exercise for me and I would love to hear what you all have to say.  Please just let me know if you like Number 1, 2 or 3 best.

Thanks so much!!


I hope to share more mock-ups from the wedding very soon.


Joining these Link Parties:

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment