Fall Farms, Foliage and Flourishes

 Hey, everyone! How's it going?  We are having an especially nice fall here in Massachusetts.  Lots of sun and warm days.  Can't beat that!  Even with the warm weather it is time to be fully decorated for fall and also to enjoy the joys of the season.  I would like to share some of both with you today.

Although I didn't go apple picking this year, I was able to go to a farm and pick out a pumpkin or two with my grandson, Finn.  At the farm we saw:

Goats,

and bunnies, (This is not a great picture to show how well-cared for these guys were. The pen was very clean and so were the bunnies.  But, there were tons of them!)

and more goats.  There were also lots of pumpkins to choose from, as well.  Somehow I forgot to take pictures of the pumpkins but there were rows and rows of them!

When I got home, I put some of the pumpkins on my front step...


and some next to the front doors of the shed.  Others were scattered here and there.




I also purchased some seasonal potted plants to place around the yard.  I always like the pop-of-color that these purple asters give.



Since I am talking about all things fall today, I also wanted to share a fall-themed cake I made a few years ago. I thought it was so cute back then so, I wanted to share it again with you.



Now for the fall flourishes, we can head inside and see some fall vignettes around my home if you would like~


I chose to simply decorate the dining table this year.  I was too busy to get too fussy.  I used things I already had and repurposed them.  I did purchase the dried material in the vase behind the orange single bloom, though.


The Living Room Coffee Table


The Sofa Table behind the couch


The Sideboard in the dining area


On Ikea shelves in the kitchen. I think this one looks like the pumpkin has a crazy hairstyle.  Haha~


More fall floral design


A wreath above the fireplace



The living room hearth






And a wreath on the kitchen wall


And when all that work was done and I was happy with how the house was decorated, my husband and I set out to take a day trip to Lincoln, NH.


We took the trip over the October 12th weekend and the foliage was superb, the best we had seen in years!


We went from Lincoln, NH over the Kancamagus Highway,


made a lunchtime stop in North Conway,


traveled on Route 302


and stopped at the Mount Washington Hotel to take in this view from the back veranda.


All-in-all it was a wonderful little trip.



So far, I am enjoying fall immensely.  I hope you are too!



Joining in on these Link Parties:



Thursday Favorite Things

Create, Bake, Grow & Gather

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment