A Christmas Twist on a Mason Jar Tutorial

 Hi!  How are you all doing?  I am enjoying yet another nice fall day here in my area of the world.  I have an exciting blog post coming out at the end of this week but for today, I am looking forward to Christmas and sharing an easy tutorial with you.  

Years ago I shared a simple mason jar tutorial and people seemed to like it.  So, I am putting

 a new twist on it for Christmas this year.

I started with a regular old mason jar and wrapped it with velvet red ribbon.  The ribbon is 2 1/4" wide.  I had wanted to use velvet fabric but, did not have time to go to the fabric store.  I think real velvet fabric would be pretty cool here, as well. You would cut the fabric to the width you like and then continue in the same manner as in this tutorial. The price might even be a bit less because the most fabric you would need to buy would be about 1/4 of a yard.


Next I tied the velvet ribbon in place with a wired thin gold ribbon.


My twist on this whole thing is to wrap the jar with battery-powered lights.  I think there were 30 lights on the string and that seemed to be perfect to go around the mason jar and let off just the right amount of light.


As I looked at the jar I felt it needed more gold wire to even it off. I tied one more stand closer to the mouth of the jar.  I was happy with how the jar looked at this point.

An added note:  Hide the power pack behind the jar.  At night it won't show at all especially if it is up against a wall or something like that. 


I ran out to Trader Joe's to grab some flowers.  I wanted it to be very simple so, nothing elaborate flower-wise.  I chose Baby's Breath and Peruvian Lily.



The arrangement looks nice on a table as the sun is going down.





The lights start to shine brightly!











This is really very easy to do.  If you are having company for dinner, this arrangement would be great on a table as they enter your home.  You could make a trio of smaller mason jars and use them as a centerpiece.  You might want to use a longer set of lights and string them together.  You will have to be creative as to how to hide the power pack but, I know you can do it :)!

Stayed tuned for my Saturday post.  It is going to be fun!!

Enjoy!!!


Joining these Link Parties:


2 comments: