An Announcement of Moving On

 

Hi there!  I apologize once again for being absent for such a long time.  It has been a whirlwind in my life for the last few months.  As I had promised in my last post, I am announcing a change that is soon to happen in my future.  I was hoping to have all the pieces in place before I announced this but, as of this moment, that is not the case.  However, I can announce that I am in the process of selling and moving out of my home in Groton, Massachusetts.  We are signed, sealed but not yet delivered.  We plan on moving out mid-November.  We do not have a new home yet but, are hopeful.  If we cannot find a home to buy, we plan on moving into a rental, living in our little cottage on Cape Cod or taking our daughter, Amanda, up on her offer to move into her house.  So, we will not be homeless but, it is a bit scary, none-the-less.


You may ask, "Why are you moving out of your home of 34+ years?"  Well, I want to move closer to my children and grandchildren.  Tom and I now live about an hour from all of them, which doesn't sound all that bad, I know but, just that little bit seems to put us on the outside of activities and community events that they often share together. I want to be even closer like my grandparents were to me.  Remembering time with them is a highlight of my life and I hope to bring that experience to me and my family, as well.   

Groton Center

Gibbet Hill, Groton, MA

Also, I felt it was time for a change all the way around.  There have been changes that have already happened in our lives that were out of our control.  We lost our brother-in-law, Bob, two years ago at Christmastime to cancer.  Bob and Judy were not only family but, our best friends.  We spent every Friday night with them, for so many years that I cannot count.  As with most deaths, Bob's death left a big hole in our lives that really could not be filled and without our weekly dinner nights, I felt even more drawn to being close to my children and grandkids.  


Another event that was pivotal in my decision was the fact that my oldest grandchild graduated high school in June and is now in college and three hours away.  It made me realize how quickly time flies and, as I have already said, the priority is to be close to family.



Of course, this does not mean that I won't miss this house.  Tom and I have made it into all we could ever have hoped for.  I think this is one of the reasons I have not been able to find another home to buy as of yet.  I love my shed and my barn, two things that I am pretty sure will not be part of the next house. The shed was a labor of love to me from Tom.  I love that place.  I had so much fun creating there and during the lockdown Tom and I would eat our lunch in the shed and watch whatever traffic there was go by on Route 40.





I love my new barn too. After all that we went through to get it built it is a shame we haven't been able to enjoy it to the fullest.  My grandson, Matthew, asked his mother how we were going to move the barn out of Groton. Hahaha.  Out of the mouths of babes, Matthew knew how much we wanted that new barn and is kind of sad about us leaving it.  


I also have loved my big and open kitchen where I have decorated and created all sorts of things.


I love that the dining table set I waited decades for fit so wonderfully in this dining room.  Many of the homes I have looked at have very small dining areas, which is a bummer.  We had many a holiday meal and happy times in that room.



Even the finished basement has been of great use.  You would not believe how many floral arrangements for weddings I have made down there.  I have even hosted Thanksgiving there when the crowd was big enough.


But, I know it is time to move on.  I am hoping my husband thinks so, too.  He has been great allowing me to do this but, truth be told, he would have stayed here forever if I had let him.



However, for me, there really is no substitute for sharing time such as this one at Maudsley Park in Newburyport, MA with my grandkids.  

Since we will only be moving within an hour of Groton, a hope to still be able to visit my friends in this area from time to time.  I think they understand...at least I hope so :).

When I know what our next step will be, I will let you know.  Let's hope this journey is a good one and will end well.  In the meantime, I will try to blog as I have time to do so.  I did recently create some         pumpkin floral arrangements that I will share with you ASAP.      Until then, I wish happy                                                                                             autumn times!!!


Sharing at these Link Parties:

Wednesday Link Party

TFT

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment