An Autumn Flower Arrangement and Change in the Air

 Hey, everyone!  Did you think I had fallen off the face of the earth?  I haven't posted in so long!  I am so sorry.  Much has been and is going on in my life.  I will be sharing that news in the near future, I hope, but I am in the thick of it right now and cannot share details at the moment. Since I last posted, however, I have done the flowers for a beautiful wedding for Brigit and James.  I am hoping to have professional photographs to show you soon but, until then, I will show you a couple of pics we took as we were delivering to the church and setting up for the reception venue.  The church and the venue were both gorgeous!


My flowers are the ones in the urns.  I was told not to move any of the altar flowers.



After the wedding, Tom and I took a much-needed vacation.  We had worked hard on the wedding :).  First, we traveled up to Rockland, ME and stayed at the Samoset Resort.  The weather wasn't terrific but, we still managed to have a great time.  We shopped, visited the transportation museum and ate...a lot!



We came back home just long enough to take three of our grandchildren to Clark's Trading Post to see the bears and visit the amusement park all in one day up in Lincoln, NH.  The kids were troopers and we had a great time~



We finished the week by heading down to our cottage on Cape Cod.


In that week my husband and I made some decisions about our lives. My, that sounds ominous.  We are making the decisions together but, they are major ones for us moving forward.  We are in the midst of acting on making those changes right now.  As I said, I hope to share everything in the near future.

We ended the summer on Labor Day weekend by seeing the Fourth of July fireworks that had been postponed because of weather in July.  It was a great way to end the summer!



❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Until I am able to share the changing news of my life, I decided to get back into my floral shed and start designing again.  I ended up making an autumn arrangement from flowers I picked up at the grocery store yesterday.


The flowers are all mums, but the pink ones give the allusion of a dahlia, so I grabbed those as quick as I could to mix into the arrangement.


When the arrangement was done, I added a fall bow but, I wasn't sure I liked it.


I photographed the arrangement in the shed without the bow...



and with the bow.



I asked my daughter, Brittany, which one she liked.  She said she liked the one with the bow.



And then I posted two pictures on Instagram and asked my followers to cast their votes...bow or no bow.  So far, the no bow votes are winning.  If you would like to cast a vote you can go to my Instagram account.  I would love to hear from you!


I still cannot make up my mind but, I am enjoying looking at the arrangement anyway.


Please do not give up on checking in on my blog.  I promise to get my life together and be posting more regularly soon :).


Enjoy these beautiful fall days!!!

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment