Where Have I Been?


Hi there!  I know it has been a long time since I have checked in but, I do have a good reason. 

 I promise :).  For the last three and a half months I have been in the process of selling the home my husband and I have lived in for nearly 35 years.  It has been a grueling task but, we ended up being lucky and had an accepted offer about a week after we listed our house.  That was the good part.  Finding a new home was not.

However, after about a month of looking we did find a house to buy in a town that was geographically in the middle of our three kids, which was the whole point of the move from the beginning. I wanted to be near my kids and grandkids.  More on the new house later~  

So, on November15th we moved all our belongings out of our home in Groton to a storage facility.  There was about a month delay in closing on our next house so, in the words of our Buyer Broker, we were homeless.

Well, not really because we do have a small summer cottage on my beloved Cape Cod.  We planned on staying there for the month since my husband can work from home most of the time.  However, our kids had different thoughts on the subject.  Their kindness and hospitality have made it so that we have had quite the adventure for the last few weeks.

Our son, Sam, and his wife, Jessica, very recently finished building their vacation home in Sunday River, Maine.  They invited our whole family, 16 of us, up for Thanksgiving.  Everyone was thrilled!  The grandkids range in age from 4 to 18 and they get along great.  The time was a true gift.

As you can see, it is a beautiful mountain home with lovely views. And, best of all, Sam and Jessica included a suite in the building plans for Gramma and Pooba.  Of course, it is not for just us, but the suite was on par with a five-star hotel, and we had a glorious time!









After Thanksgiving, Tom and I headed back to Cape Cod for two days and then, it was off to daughter Amanda's house.  Tom was traveling and I didn't want to be alone.  Amanda and her husband, Eric, had made up another suite in their very impressive, finished basement for Tom and me.  We were to use it whenever we needed a place closer to home to stay. I lived like a queen for the week.  

The first morning of my visit I took Amanda's dog, Oliver, for a walk with me.


These horses reside next door to Amanda.  The setting is quintessential New England as you can see.

I didn't walk fast enough for Oliver so, he had to wait for me at the top of the hill.  He was quite disgusted with me :).  (He had been on a leash up until this point 😀)


The other perk to staying with Amanda, aside from being around her children all the time, was that I got to join in on my grandson, Matthew's friend birthday party.  (I didn't get permission to show his friends' faces.  That is why they are blurred.)  I just thought this was a cute picture.


Next, Tom and I went to a For King and Country Christmas concert with our daughter, Brittany, and her husband Tim.  It was the perfect ending to a week of enjoying my kids and grandkids.

Next, it was back to Cape Cod.  That is where we are now and will stay until our next adventure begins. That adventure is courtesy of Tom's boss. We will be staying for the weekend in Ogunquit, Maine for the company Christmas outing.  Just pinch me!


I have done just a little Christmas decorating at the cottage.  I hope to share that with you soon but until then,


ENJOY!!!














Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment