A Week of Flowers

 Hi all!  I seem to be a day late and a dollar short these days.  I am not really sure why.  I guess I will blame it on being busy but, who isn't busy, right?  Anyway, last week was an especially busy week and that is why this post is a few days late.

For those of you who do not know, my daughter, Brittany, has a thriving side business.  She bakes and decorates the most delicious and beautiful cookies.  A while back she asked my husband to build her a cookie hut of sorts so that she could host pop-up cookie events right from her home.  It has been a tremendous success and this past week she asked if I wanted to make a few Valentine-inspired floral arrangements to be added to her Valentine Pop-up.  I waited to see if the weather would cooperate until I agreed.  It turned out that it was supposed to be unseasonably warm so the flowers would be fine.  So, off to the flower market I went!

I figured this was a good way to introduce myself to the community.  I moved a few months ago and have not done any floral designing work since.  It seemed like a non-stressful way to kind of dip my toes in the water around here, so to speak.

I ended up making six arrangements and was very pleased with how they turned out.  Here they sat as I was preparing to pack them into the car for the long 10-minute drive to Brittany's house!  This photo was taken in the office of my new home.  I am experimenting with places to take photos in my new house.  The exposure is quite different from my old one and I have been leaning towards taking the photos in my kitchen most of the time. The office worked out pretty well too.




Next, it was off to the Pop-up!


As Brittany was setting out her cookies, etc. a neighbor came over and purchased one of my floral arrangements.  I was thrilled!


The pop-up was a resounding success for Brittany, only a mild success for me but, I had put myself out there and had enjoyed the experience.  If I do it again, I will definitely spend more time advertising and putting the word out earlier.  All-in-all, it was a fun time.  

The pop-up had taken place on the Saturday before Valentine's Day.  I posted this photo to Instagram on the actual date for Valentine's Day. I loved the colors of these lilies.
 That day I was busy running around delivering Valentine gifts to my eight grandchildren and purchasing whoopie pies (my husband's favorite) for Tom.  I discovered a cute, cute bakery called the Whoopie Wagon in the process.  All good!


Thursday was a day long trip to Cape Cod to take my mom to her annual physical appointment.  No flower arranging that day for me but, a good day with Mom.  I brought this arrangement to her as a slightly late Valentine's gift.  I had already sent candy and a stuffed teddy bear, that she loved.  All good still 😀.


And, on Friday I went to my first Carrie Underwood concert in Boston with Brittany.  The show was phenomenal, and we had the best time!  Brittany drove which made it even better for me!  I am not used to city driving.


More fun was to come for Brittany's husband, Tim, son, Finny and my husband, Tom.  They headed off to the Monster Jam show the next day.  (I told you it was a busy week!)  All of us headed out Sunday to go visit my son and his family up in Maine for a quick overnight.  All this activity is the reason why I am posting about Valentine arrangements so late. I am hoping you will enjoy looking at the photos regardless of the tardiness of it all.


I finished the weekend by posting this vignette photo to Instagram.  I am still working on getting my new house post and photo ready.  It's getting closer and I am hoping to share some of my new home with you soon!


Until then, please enjoy my little slide show~



XOXO

Christine



We Were Featured!!!







Sharing at these Link Parties:



6 comments:

  1. Oh these flowers are just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at TFT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amber, for the opportunity to join in!

      Delete
  2. Hi Christine! I love your beautiful arrangements! Thanks for sharing at the TFT party! I'm featuring you this week!
    Hugs, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Thank you Theresa! I am very excited!

      Delete
  3. Your floral arrangements are gorgeous! I'd like to invite you to share each week at the Home Matters Link Party every Thursday 9pm est through Monday. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the invitation! It has been crazy here so it might take a few weeks before I can join in but, I am looking forward to checking out the Home Matters Link Party :). Thank you.

      Delete