Helpful Hint Fridays: Late Summer and Fall Tablescapes

Hey, there!  I guess you can see from the date that I am not on time when it comes to Helpful Hint Fridays.  Sorry about that!  It was a busy week, again!  Still loving summer so I am not complaining.  I am enjoying all that comes with this time of year even if it makes me a little tardy when it comes to blogging 😃.

Today I thought I would share some of my past work with you. This will highlight tablescapes I have created in the past. The ones I am sharing were for the end of summer and fall. I will also be sharing a few hints along the way.

§

This vignette is one that was created for a small get-together at the end of the summer.  Note the sunflowers: they are an indication of late summer harvest.  I discovered these fiesta colored flowers at the market and just had to make a flower arrangement with them. 

The hint here is to carry the brightly colored theme through with brightly colored tableware and linens. This will give you a cohesive look.

This is another late summer tablescape I designed.  I own these wine/tomato inspired plates and wanted to use them.  The theme is on the rustic side.  Hence the use of burlap for seating and brown paper for the table runner.  I gathered goldenrod from my yard to line the runner, as well as tomatoes and eggplants.  It created a centerpiece of sorts.  I love the color of eggplant. It is so rich.

Another summer, I created a similar tablescape using different tableware and more involved centerpiece materials.

I loved the use of the grasses in the background here.  Note that the colors all coordinate.  That is crucial in creating a tablescape.  Mixing fruit with flowers is also creative and fun too.

Moving onward to the fall, I created this ethereal table design after doing an August or September  wedding that used lots and lots of eucalyptus greenery.  I made a table runner of the eucalyptus and carried it through to this whimsical theme.

I wanted to give it a magical look.  Please note that all these tablescapes were created at my old house.  I haven't gotten my act together or found the time yet to be as inspired in my new home.  Hopefully it will come.  I sure do miss my designing shed. It was beautiful!  I hope the new owners are enjoying it as much as I did.

Candles always create ambiance.

You can see in the background with the orange pumpkin that we are truly moving into the fall.

However, with this fall tablescape I omitted the orange. I went with a more neutral palette here. The centerpiece is made with gourds, greenery and pinecones...no flowers.  This centerpiece will last much longer than one made with flowers so, it is something to think about in the fall.  There is so much material out there to use!

The fall table without the orange is a choice, of course, but it is more subtle if that is what you are aiming for.

Finally, the Thanksgiving table.~  I have created dozens over the years but this one below has given me the most positive feedback. This was several years ago but it is still a Pinterest favorite.  I went all out with greenery, flowers and pumpkins with this one.


Again, I coordinated colors.  I created a look-at-that! kind of centerpiece and my guests loved it. Also, note that I used different colored plates.  I used them because that is what I had at the time.  You do not have to have a 20-piece set of china to create a wonderful table for your guests.


This ↓was a very basic tablescape that I created when I was having lots of people for Thanksgiving and had to feed them in the finished basement.  This was a mixed medium table.  I used plastic cups along with my good silverware.  Silly I know, but to be honest, I loved this one.  I loved the fall greenery that lined the center of the table and the amber candles.  I made this all in haste but I still love it.  My hint for you is, use what you have but somehow make it fabulous!


Until next, time....



Sharing at these Link Parties:

Create, Bake, Grow & Gather

Wednesday Link Party

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment