A FLORAL PUMPKIN CENTERPIECE

Halloween day was a busy day for me. Was it for you? I had Halloween presents to deliver to my grandchildren, appetizers to make to bring to the house we were invading for Halloween and flower arrangements to make for a friend and a new neighbor.  I also wanted to make the arrangement I am sharing with you today for myself.

I have been wanting to make a flower arrangement using a cut-up pumpkin for a long time.  I really wanted to do it this year for Halloween but, I probably should have waited until another time because I was rushed and wasn't able to do everything as well as I would have liked. Also, I forgot to take pics while working on it so, the tutorial is not complete. So sorry. However, I do think it is pretty and I am going to share it with you anyway :).

I purchased a smallish sized pumpkin and cut the top off in a squiggly line.

The next steps are the ones I forgot to photograph but, I will try to explain them as well as I can.

After cutting the top of the pumpkin off, I emptied the seeds and innards out.  Next, I found a glass bowl that would fit into the cavity of the pumpkin.  I would have preferred a plastic container but, the glass one was all I could find.  I put oasis in the glass bowl and then used these picks to position the pumpkin top over the oasis and secure it.

This was how it looked after inserting the picks and connecting the top.

Next it was on to filling in the space between the top and the bottom with flowers and greens.

The idea is to stick the stems in the oasis while at the same time covering up the 

oasis so as to hide it.

This was my process as I was going along.  I simply randomly inserted flowers into the oasis as I liked.  I think the random layout makes it all the more fun.  It is a pumpkin arrangement after all, nothing but fun, fun, fun!


This was the last photo I took during the making process so; Now I will show you the finished product.



I must say I loved it!  If I hadn't been in such a hurry, I think I would have loved it even more!


The flowers were grocery store flowers, and I thought they worked out well.  The simplicity of the flowers was fine in this arrangement.




The flowers make a wreath of sorts around the pumpkin.



I know I am a little late in showing you this pumpkin arrangement since Halloween is over but, I think it would also make a lovely Thanksgiving centerpiece, as well. I would use a larger pumpkin, however. You could use wheat and more cream toned flowers along with the yellows and oranges to fit the Thanksgiving theme better if you chose to do so.



Keep on creating!  It's fun!!!

Sharing at these Link Parties:


Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment