LENTEN ROSES

I wanted to share these pictures of my Lenten Roses or Helleborus, the botanical name of this shade perennial, with all of you because they are so beautiful and resilient.  Helleborus has become my very favorite Spring flower because it starts blooming in April and continues all the way through much of the summer, at least that has been my experience.

These plants seem to multiply quite well once established and moving them around my garden has been very successful also.  They come in many colors, including a light green, but I haven't tried that color yet.  The light pink seems to have been the most successful for me. 

Lenten Roses are supposed to like shade but these plants do get some sun and have flourished anyway.  I encourage all of you to try to find a spot in your garden for these lovely perennials!





Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment