Jenny and Ben's Wedding

Do you remember the bridal shower I did in early August?  You can see it here.  Well, I think back then I told you I was doing the flowers for the wedding also.  I'm not sure I told you the circumstances of my doing the bouquets for the wedding but, as it turns out, Jenny, the bride, is a childhood friend of my daughter, Brittany.  At kind of the last minute, (the end of July), Jenny decided she did, in fact, want fresh bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages for her wedding.  I think she might have planned on silk.  I'm not sure. Anyway, through my daughter, I was asked if I could help Jenny out.  I was more than happy to be of assistance.

The whole experience turned out to be wonderful.  I was able to reconnect with my daughter's old friend and had a great time creating the bridal flowers for the wedding.  I experienced a few trials along the way but, I learned and grew through all of them.  I am very thankful to Jenny for giving me the opportunity to help out and, also, for trusting me with her wedding.  It was a joyful experience for me.

Jenny told me she wanted all white bouquets with lots of natural greens mixed in.
At the last minute, we decided to add white anemones with the black center to break up all the white.  Unfortunately, anemones were coming to the end of their season and I was only able to obtain enough to put just one anemone in each bridesmaid bouquet and three in the Bride's bouquet.  
I used three different kinds of greens because Jenny wanted green-greens and gray-greens all mixed in.  Included were seeded eucalyptus, ruskus and ivy.
She also wanted vintage flowers such as white hydrangea, roses, spray roses and Queen Anne's Lace.  I also used large and small dahlias, which were in season.

Do you see the interesting flower in the lower, right-hand corner of this photo?  When I was unable to purchase as many anemones as I had planned, I started to panic a bit.  When I found these neat looking flowers at the flower market, I thought they were really cool and in some ways mimic the colors and look of the white anemone.  So I purchased a bunch of them.  They looked beautiful in the bouquets and arrangements. As it turns out they are called arabicum adenium or Star of Bethlehem Flower.  Funny, huh?  I discovered the name of the plant later and thought, maybe, I was given some Heaven Sent encouragement along the way.  Just sayin' :).



Jenny and Ben's wedding was a rustic wedding so wrapping the stems in burlap and then tying twine around seemed to be just what the doctor ordered!




In the end, I made two floral arrangements for the ladies and men's rooms with the flowers I had left over.  I found these polka-dot mason jars on clearance and tied twine around the middle of the jar to add a rustic effect.  I really liked how they turned out.  I hope to do a mini tutorial of these in a week or so.

I loved all the colors.  The white mixed with the different colored greens and the gray of the Dusty Miller really looked beautiful.  The gray brunia berries were neat too!

So, here are all the arrangements ready for packing up and delivery.  The boutonnieres and corsage were in the refrigerator and were to be packed into a cooler.  (I'll show you those in a future post.)   Since time is always of the essence when dealing with wedding flowers, actually flowers in general, I wasn't able to take as many lovely photos as I had wished.  I'm hoping the bride and the photographer will be kind and share some of the official wedding photos with me at a later date :).

Next we were off to Jackson, NH to deliver the flowers to the wedding party!!
~More to come~

Linking in with:

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment