Remembering Some Beautiful Weddings

Most of last week I spent taking down my Christmas decorations.  It's a funny thing for me because I spend weeks putting them up and I am very sad when I have to take them down.  However, once I get going, it seems like the magic is gone and my decorations just don't fit anymore.  I guess it is just the calendar saying that it is time to move on :).

While I was taking down the decorations I started to think about all the couples who must have became engaged over the holidays.  That is how two of my children did it!  While I was thinking I thought it might be fun to go down memory lane with a few of the weddings I have had the pleasure of doing over the past few years.  Besides, aren't flowers considered uplifting, especially in the winter?!

So here are few floral designs from the weddings of Mitchell & Company Designs and Events' past:

****************************************************************************

Keri and Phil's wedding was one of the most colorful weddings I have done to date.  What a joy to be able to work with so many beautiful and unique flowers.  As you can see, we used a plethora of blossoms and textures.  It was a true joy doing this wedding for so many reasons.  Keri and Phil were married in early September at the White Cliffs Country Club in Plymouth, Massachusetts.

There were purple and white hydrangeas, purple anemones, white and purple stock and white lisianthus, to name a few. 



Keri was a lovely bride.


Along with being very colorful, it was also a wedding that required many different floral arrangements.  I made two of the gazebo arrangements pictures here.  I just loved the colors.



Galvanized buckets filled with hydrangeas, roses and lisianthus lined the wedding aisle.














The place card table had three arrangements--one large and two small.

I was also asked to decorate the cake.  More beautiful purples, greens and creams!

**************************************************

A second wedding to share was that of Jenny and Ben.  Jenny was a childhood friend of my daughter, Brittany, and it was also a special wedding to be a part of. The wedding was held at Whitney's Inn in Jackson, New  Hampshire in September, as well.  It was a gorgeous day for a wedding.


Jenny wanted a rustic wedding with white flowers and greens mixed in.

I loved these flowers too.  I loved the white hydrangeas, anemones, Queen Anne's Lace, dusty miller, white dahlias and the Star of Bethlehem flower...just gorgeous. 




Diane was the Mother-of-the-Bride and she wanted a pin-on corsage.

I love this photograph, so artistic.  (Photo credit: Kelly Davidson Studio)

These were little arrangements to be placed around the reception site.

*************************************

Finally, I would like to share the wedding I did in December 2015 at The Commons 1854 in Topsfield, Massachusetts.

Laura was the beautiful bride.  


Ben and she made a lovely couple.



Laura wanted an all white wedding with some sparkle.   Very elegant.

Can you see the sparkle?




^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
She allowed me to put a "little" greenery into these fireplace arrangements.  These were my favorites.  I loved creating them. 


*******************
These little lovelies sat on the cocktail tables.  This room had a fireplace, as well.  It was a very sophisticated room.  
More arrangements to decorate the fireplace.

And finally, a pretty scene to finish the night.

Looking forward to doing more beautiful weddings in 2017!


Joining the Party here:


Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment