Cinco De Mayo Get Together Inspiration

I admit it.  I am fibbing a little bit on this one today.  It is the end of April in Massachusetts.  There is no way we have this much color outdoors or on our decks and patios but, Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner and this deck setting is so colorful and Cinco de Mayo-like that I just decided to go with it!


Yes, these photos are from summers past but I hope you will indulge me, anyway.  Do you mind if I share these summer pictures, out-of-turn?  The colors remind me of Mexico and parties and even Cinco de Mayo!  They get me dreaming of summer~


I don't think I am that far out of turn anyway.  Setting out tasty snacks among brightly colored flowers and plants~~that's Cinco de Mayo like, right?  That's what I am going with today :).



 I truly enjoyed arranging these flowers.  The colors together are like a fiesta!


In going with the Cinco de Mayo theme, we have brightly colored flowers, tasty snacks, terracotta colors and lush greenery.  I think we have a theme going one here~


For me, keeping everything colorful is a must for a summertime or a Cinco de Mayo get together.


On a decorating note, I added a creamy rug to break up all the terracotta color of the deck.  A few brightly colored pillows would have been nice also.  Why didn't I think of that at the time :/ ?


I have been given many colorful serve ware pieces over the years and I was able to put them to good use here.  It is always great being able to use what you already have.  So gratifying and it means less shopping.  That is always a plus!


 I truly wish I could set out a spread like this in early May in my area but, the weather usually does not cooperate.  We usually have to bring these gatherings inside, unfortunately.  However, Cinco de Mayo is next week.  We can always hope for warmer weather!


So festive!





Well, even though I have stretched reality a little bit here, perhaps in your neck-of-the-woods you can host a Cinco de Mayo party outside with all the trimmings of summer.  Hopefully, this post has been an inspiration to you! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the flowers and colors! Thanks for sharing on To Grandma's House We Go!

    ReplyDelete