Looking Forward to Warmer Weather and Looking Back at a Special Garden Party

Hi there!  I hope all of you had a wonderful Easter like I did.  Thankfully, the weather cooperated long enough to have an Easter egg hunt outside.  However, the weather since then has not been spring-like, at all!  It's been cold, rainy and cloudy.  Not nice.  To life my spirits, I have decided to reminisce about warmer days and to share one of the special events I had the pleasure of being a part of during sunnier times.




That special occasion was the bridal shower of Jenny and Ben.  The shower would be the prelude of the opportunity I had to do the flowers for their wedding, as well.  If you would like to see that journey, you can view it here and here.
 I created the arrangements at my home.  This was before I had my beautiful studio in my beautiful shed in which to work. It was fun creating the arrangements, nonetheless, but I think it was then that I started bugging my husband to build my shed in the first place :).

  The shower was to be a somewhat informal affair since Jenny and Ben are quite informal themselves. It was to be held in the lovely backyard of one of the bridesmaids.  So, it was there I delivered the flowers.


The hostesses had thought of every detail, making pom-poms and rag garlands to go along with the rustic garden theme of the shower.  And everything was color-coordinated.


Unfortunately, all of my photos were taken before the total set up but you can get the idea anyway.  I am actually happy with the photos I got because right after I left the host home it started to rain!  I guess the girls had to do quick clean up and some damage control before the guests arrived.


Thankfully, the way I heard later, the party was eventually able to be brought back outside and everything worked out perfectly.

For my part, I had made all the floral arrangements just as I was instructed to do.  As I recall, the hostesses wanted a few larger arrangements to go on the buffet table.  They had given me the color scheme and had also told me they wanted the flowers to be loose and garden-themed.


I did my best to accommodate them :).


They had also asked to have a few smaller centerpieces for the middle of the "banquet tables".  I brought some extra flowers to throw into the little side vases, as well.   I really thought everything looked lovely.  Sometimes those backyard events are the most fun.


Burlap over the white tableclothes was a nice touch also.


As I have said, all the extra touches and attention to detail really made this occasion quite special.  The vintage flower seeds as party favors was a great idea~


And, I just loved the colors they chose!  So garden party!!


Hopefully, the weather will start cooperating and I can start dreaming and planning for new special events as spring and summer truly approach.

Until then, I will have to take every day as it comes.  I really don't have any of choice, anyway :/

Sharing at these fun link parties:
Share Your Style ~ Feathered Nest Friday
Create, bake grow & gather  ~ Inspiration MondayThe Scoop
Wow Us WednesdaysShare Your StyleSilver Pennies Sundays


4 comments:

  1. Mother Nature is a little confused around here and we've had it with snow. Your arrangements are so pretty and your pictures are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the weather. Thank you for your kind words :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, sometimes informal is way more fun. Your flowers looked amazing Christine.
    Thanks for sharing at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather. I've pinned from this post xx

    ReplyDelete