A Christmas Decorated Foyer

Hey, there!  It is December 4th and we are digging out from a three-day long Nor'easter.  We got 18+ inches of snow! I am not ready for this yet even though I live in New England and I should be!  Tomorrow I will be co-hosting the holiday wreath workshop I have been talking about for a few weeks.  I am sure you are all pretty sick of hearing about it but, that event has kept me busy :).

Thankfully, the snow didn't hurt my efforts in the house concerning my Christmas decorating.  Today, I would like to share my decorated foyer with you.



I am decorating heavily with whites, creams, golds, silvers and a touch of brown this year.  My house has a lot of dark wood so, I like to brighten it up and soften it a little with accessory whites. As you will see, my house does not photograph like all those other beautiful blog homes do where all the rooms are white with white walls.  Oh, how I envy them but, I must work with what I have, to my chagrin, since we never got around to painting the wood paneling white.  So, I am going with a rustic-elegant look this season.

I originally thought I should go with a minimalistic approach this year.

But I looked at the entry hall of my home and felt it needed more.



So, I again added in the faux fur wreaths I have used in this space for several years.  I can't help it.  I like them!  And I think the foyer looks better this way with them added into the décor.


Something else I added to the décor this year was this planter filled to the gills with all sorts of floral picks, twigs and ribbon.  I threw everything I could find from my stash of Christmas stuff to fill this baby up!  I have to say, I like it!  It looks especially pretty when I turn on the lights hidden inside the planter.


The front hall table will never hold one piece of mail because of all the Christmas trees I have on it but, I am OK with that~


Walking in from the front door






The foyer looks especially lovely at night.  I guess everything does at Christmas :).


I was rushing around on Saturday to fill the planters on my front porch and the window boxes on the barn with greens before the storm hit on Sunday.  I thought they came out nicely, given the speed at which I was forced to work.  Haha!

This is how it looked on Saturday afternoon~


This is how it looked on Tuesday morning.  I ran out of time to get a wreath and put it up before the storm came :/

The barn is completely covered in snow, needless to say.  Maybe I will get a photo of it later and share it with you.


My hope is to make a few wreaths over the weekend and finish the outside decorating.  Fingers-crossed--no more storms!


Happy December, by the way 🎄!!!



Joining in on these link parties:
Grandma's House DIY Wednesday Link Party
Thursday Favorite Things
Dare To Share
Silver Pennies Sundays
Love Your Creativity
Snickerdoodle Link Party

Thank you to all the bloggers who host weekly link parties.  They are the best!

6 comments:

  1. Your decorations are beautiful! So warm and inviting. Have fun in all that snow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle. At least the snow is pretty :) !

      Delete
  2. More is nice inside the foyer! Outside with the snow, that's a different story.
    https://jeanneselep.blogspot.com/2019/12/ny-christmas-part-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. Thank you for stopping by ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The inside and outside of your house looks so pretty decorated for Christmas!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leave the sweet comment on the crocheted mitten ornaments that I made.
    Hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind comments and for stopping by. I truly appreciate it :).

    ReplyDelete