Christmas Wreaths and Other Decorating Ideas from 2019

Hey, everyone!  I am sorry I haven't checked in for awhile but, I thought I would take a few days to enjoy the season and spend time with my husband and our family.  I am happy to report that I have had a wonderful Christmas season!  Lots of celebration and fun!

Today, in a tradition that I started last year mainly because I ran out of time to do it before Christmas,  (the same reason really applies this year too!) I am posting Christmas photos from my home now, a few days after Christmas.  To be honest, I was amazed at the response last year's after-Christmas post received.  It was one of my most viewed posts of the year! Why fiddle around with success, as they say. So here goes!



To be honest in another way, I often decorate for Christmas the same way from year to year, mainly because of time constraints, but mostly because my kids, grandkids and husband love what I do, which is nice.  However, I did change up the mantle slightly this year and brought back a large wreath I created a while ago.  It is one that I am continually "adjusting". 


This year's addition was a string of lights that included little bells.  The bells don't ring since the wreath is stationary but, the lights twinkle and add so much more to the wreath in my opinion.



The colors of the wreath are such that I can leave it on the mantle for another month or so, if I choose.  We'll see what inspiration hits me as the winter progresses but, for now I love it.


Woodland creatures are a part of this trio of trees to the side of the fireplace.  The raccoon sits at the base of the trees and...


a snowy white owl sits at the top!


On the opposite side of the hearth sits a basket with white pillows, a gold ribbon, a glistening white spray of berries and a string of lights to illuminate the whole thing.

Back toward the fireplace hangs a plush deer stocking.
 

A pile of birch logs festooned with lights and greens rests on the opposite side of the fireplace,


On the coffee table in front of the fireplace sits a tray decorated with ornaments and a golden deer.


Moving from the living room into the kitchen, I have decorated the set of shelves brightly with a sampling of the many Christmas plates I own along with some other treasures I have collected over the years.







Hanging in the kitchen is a red, green and white wreath.  I made it several years ago but, it always seems to match the decorations in the room.  For some reason, the wreath and the treasures on the shelves make me smile.  




Also in the kitchen, is a decorated garland that drapes over the kitchen window.


Outside the birds visit my birdfeeder all day long.  I wish the cardinal had decided to visit when I took this photo today but, a sparrow is good too.



As you move into the family room you can see where I always sit as I watch tv or do my Christmas cards.  The newly purchased Climbing Santa was a big hit this year with young and old~


I decorate the shelf above my head with more Christmas plates.  I might as well us them, right?!

I like to spruce the plates up with some ribbon and faux holly sprays~


This wreath hangs on a wall that you see as you go into some of the bedrooms~

I was inspired to make a simple wreath this year. As I was researching wreaths for my wreath workshop I discovered the more simple kind with non-traditional colors and wanted to try it.  

You can see the workshop story here if you would like :).


And, no Christmas story from me would be complete without a photo of my studio/she shed.  I love how my neighbors and strangers passing by can see the shed lit up every night during the Christmas season.....and I must confess into the New Year too!


This is the little wreath that I created for the shed this year...another inspiration from the wreath workshop.


I hope you have enjoyed my post-Christmas mini tour of Christmas decorating ideas.  I guess I am not completely ready to let go of the season yet.  My wish is to savor the moments at least until New Year's Day, if I can.  How about you?  Are you moving on or savoring?  No judgement...just curious~



ENJOY!!!



Joining at these link parties:
TFT



2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed all your beautiful and festive looks. Everything looks lovely.
    Blessings for a Great New Year,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Nellie. Blessings for you, as well.

    ReplyDelete