Enjoying a Bonus Flower Arrangement



Hey, there!  I am back from vacation.  I had a wonderful, wonderful time but I won't bore you with my stories of Disney.  If you are a Disney person, you know how wonderful it is.  If you are not, you don't want to hear about my vacation, anyway.  Hahaha!  However, I will share this one photo I took of the awesome chandelier in the lobby of the Walt Disney Dolphin Resort where we stayed the first two nights.  I thought it was so cool!

We moved onto the Polynesian Resort but, I forgot to take photos of that lobby.  We kept a busy pace once we arrived there!

When I arrived home from my trip, I had some pressing personal issues that needed to be addressed.  Once I had taken care of them, I had to move onto the professional ones, as well.  This is why I have been away from my blog so long~

One of the professional things I had planned on doing when I returned from my vacation was to do a demo floral arrangement for a workshop I have coming up in the spring.  I am again working with Stamm & Black, an interior design business in a neighboring town, on this project.  They do all the marketing for the event and they wanted the demo arrangement for those purposes.  This had been weighing on my mind while on vacation.  With the new personal cares that came while I was away, I was nervous I wouldn't be able to get to this task.  Thankfully, everything worked out as well as it could and I was able to get my professional job done.



Life is still busy as you can see from yesterday's "to do" list but, I am feeling like things are somewhat under control.  Phew!  Once I was able to finish my demo arrangement and get the photos off to my friends at Stamm & Black, I discovered that I had several leftover flowers from my work project and I could make myself a "bonus" arrangement, one that was just for me!

I will quickly run through my process.  It was easy and fun so, you might like to give it a try at some point yourselves, maybe when you walk by those buckets of flowers at the grocery store :).

Here is the list of flowers I used:

Italian Ruscus--To add greenery


Pink Carnations

White and Pink Gerber Daisies


Pink Hypericum Berries


My favorite--Green Viburnum

These flowers, of course, were chosen for my demo piece so in order to make the bonus arrangement, I needed to work with what I had, which really wasn't hard since the flowers were so pretty!

Here ↑ were the flowers I worked with for the demo piece.  The only flowers I didn't use for my bonus arrangement were the majolica spray roses.  There were not enough left to use in my arrangement. My favorite flower, however, was the viburnum.  It seemed to become more and more lush with every passing day.  As a matter of fact, even today it is looking beautiful, five days after purchasing it.  


Since my husband and I were running out to do weekend activities, I had to quickly throw my bonus arrangement together.  I started by placing the last of the Italian ruscus on one side of the vase.  I liked how it looked like a spray coming out of the vase.


 Then, I placed all of my remaining viburnum on the other side of the vase. This resulted in a spray on either side of the container. Next, I put all of the leftover hypericum berries, three stems, in the back of the arrangement.  With about a dozen or so of the pink carnations I filled the middle of the vase and placed three gerber daisies right up front for everyone to see :).  I thought the Gerber daisies were very interesting with their pink centers.



I, then, tied some tulle and various kinds of ribbon together to add some extra interest to the clear vase.  I wish I had thought of hanging some charms or some other kind of decoration from the ribbon, as well.  That would have looked nice, too.


In the end, the bouquet was a lovely addition to the buffet in my living room.  Every day the viburnum has "puffed" up a little bit more. This makes me smile.  Isn't that one of the things we love about flowers? 


Even though, I was doing "work" when I purchased these flowers, I still was lucky to have the opportunity to enjoy my bonus flower arrangement in the end.  In the coming weeks I hope to be telling you more about my upcoming flower arranging workshop but Stamm & Black and I have to iron out all the details first.



I hope you enjoy your day!  It is beautiful in my neck of the woods today.




Joining in with these Link Parties:
Tuesday Turn AroundWow Me WednesdayGrandmas House DIYTFTCreate, Bake, Grow & GatherSilver Pennies Sundays, Love Your Creativity,  Inspire Me MondayCreate With Joy Inspire Me Monday


Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment